Looking For Specific Flowers & Ladybugs Picture/tutorial

Decorating By Sabz Updated 17 Apr 2009 , 11:53am by Sabz

Sabz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sabz Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 5:34pm
post #1 of 6

I asked this question elsewhere, but Sherri advised me to start a thread so I could get it more noticed.
I had once come across a link showing a picture tutorial of some sort of flower, and I can't remember which it was. (I think it was a spray showing how to make the individual flowers, and it might have been on an online store website). And then, at the end, they showed how to make little ladybirds as well. Which could be used to scatter around leaves, petals etc.
For the life of me, I can't remember more detail and don't know where exactly I had seen it. Would anyone be able to help?

5 replies
sweetflowers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetflowers Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 6:17pm
post #2 of 6

lady birds? Or lady bugs? You have mentioned both.

RetiredNavyChief Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RetiredNavyChief Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 7:32pm
post #3 of 6

I just did a google search and a flickr.com hit came up about making fondant ladybugs. I can not get onto the site right now, but you might want to try there. Just google "How to make a fondant ladybug"

Sabz Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 9:42am
post #4 of 6

sweetflowers, they're both the same. In UK we call them ladybirds, and in US they're called ladybugs. icon_smile.gif
RetiredNavyChief, I tried that search after you said, and I'm still on the hunt.

ApplegumKitchen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ApplegumKitchen Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 10:36am
post #5 of 6

Is this what you are looking for - its on the Culpitts site

http://www.sugarcraftandcakedecorating.com/how-to.php?page=132

There are some great tutorials for flowers on there as well
http://www.sugarcraftandcakedecorating.com/how-to.php?page=220

Edited to add....

OK - looks like the gremlins are NOT going to allow this so try and work this out for yourself

www.s*garcraftand dec**ating.com

Sabz Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 11:53am
post #6 of 6

You're an absolute gem!! thumbs_up.gif Thanks a zillion thats the one!! party.gif

When I tried googling Cu lpitts, their website didn't have the 'how to'. But then it seems they have another website on which theres all this.

Thanks again ApplegumKitchen!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%