Wilton Fondant & Gum Paste Tool Set

Decorating By kim_catt Updated 17 Apr 2009 , 12:13pm by Lee15

kim_catt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kim_catt Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 5:33pm
post #1 of 5

I just purchased a Wilton Fondant & Gum Paste Tool Set. Does anyone know where i can find a tutorial or something else showing me how to use the tools.

thank you and hope you can help.

Kimberley

4 replies
pebblez87 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pebblez87 Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 6:33pm
post #2 of 5

maybe youtube they seem to have everything if not the wilton site has how tos sometimes know its not much help but at least it will give you a bump i was thinking of getting one of those too let me know how it works out

ibmoser Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ibmoser Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 7:50pm
post #3 of 5

Nicholas Lodge has a DVD called DVD Catalog that is a terrific investment. He shows a lot of different tools and explains how to use them. Very informative and reasonably priced. Global sells them or you can buy direct from ISAC
http://www.globalsugarart.com/product.php?id=20187

bakingatthebeach Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakingatthebeach Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 1:22am
post #4 of 5

I love my wilton tools, the only issue I have with them is their ball tool has a ridge on the side so you have to be careful to keep the smoothe side down or it will tear what you are working on.

Lee15 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lee15 Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 12:13pm
post #5 of 5

I bought the Wilton tools because I had 1 50% off at AC Moore. At the time, I was looking for the PME set but they were out of stock. I actually was a bit impressed with Wilton. They are not the best, but they can definitely work for those who are budget conscious.

As to their uses, I find that it was just easier taking a bit of gumpaste and experimenting to see what they produce.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%