Wilton Fondant & Gum Paste Tool Set

Decorating By kim_catt Updated 17 Apr 2009 , 12:13pm by Lee15

kim_catt Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 5:33pm
post #1 of 5

I just purchased a Wilton Fondant & Gum Paste Tool Set. Does anyone know where i can find a tutorial or something else showing me how to use the tools.

thank you and hope you can help.

Kimberley

4 replies
pebblez87 Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 6:33pm
post #2 of 5

maybe youtube they seem to have everything if not the wilton site has how tos sometimes know its not much help but at least it will give you a bump i was thinking of getting one of those too let me know how it works out

ibmoser Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 7:50pm
post #3 of 5

Nicholas Lodge has a DVD called DVD Catalog that is a terrific investment. He shows a lot of different tools and explains how to use them. Very informative and reasonably priced. Global sells them or you can buy direct from ISAC
http://www.globalsugarart.com/product.php?id=20187

bakingatthebeach Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 1:22am
post #4 of 5

I love my wilton tools, the only issue I have with them is their ball tool has a ridge on the side so you have to be careful to keep the smoothe side down or it will tear what you are working on.

Lee15 Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 12:13pm
post #5 of 5

I bought the Wilton tools because I had 1 50% off at AC Moore. At the time, I was looking for the PME set but they were out of stock. I actually was a bit impressed with Wilton. They are not the best, but they can definitely work for those who are budget conscious.

As to their uses, I find that it was just easier taking a bit of gumpaste and experimenting to see what they produce.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%