Has Anyone Ever Made A Chocolate Bow???

Decorating By coolchc21 Updated 16 Apr 2009 , 8:48pm by coolchc21

coolchc21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
coolchc21 Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 5:14pm
post #1 of 7

If so, can you tell me how? I need one for a cake tomorrow. Otherwise, it'll have to be fondant.

6 replies
MOBOGAL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MOBOGAL Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 5:56pm
post #2 of 7

Hi icon_smile.gif

Do you mean out of chocolate candy clay? If so, I have. I used Serious_Cakes video/recipe (on YouTube) to make the clay. Then I just followed the tutorial for how to make a fondant bow and did the same thing with the thinly rolled candy clay. I cut 1 in strips and made the loops and let them set overnight, then glued it together with melted candy wafers until set. The link to the cake is below. I hope this helps! Good luck!

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1308555

coolchc21 Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 6:31pm
post #3 of 7

Thank you mobogal. Actually I meant with just melted chocolate, but I've figured it out. Hopefully it works. icon_smile.gif

sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 8:23pm
post #4 of 7

you can use freezer paper or a piece of acetate to make your bow loops. cut the paper to the size loops you want. spread melted choc over the shiny side of the freezer paper wait for it to just start to set up then fold the paper over with the choc inside. once set (you can put in the fridge to speed this up) peel the paper away.
Although if it is a hot day tomorrow your bow could melt instantly. been there, done that, in TX!!!

kansaswolf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kansaswolf Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 8:25pm
post #5 of 7

I do mine the same way Sweetcakes does it! Works great! I just use plain ol' waxed paper, though... Good luck!

pattycakesnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakesnj Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 8:31pm
post #6 of 7

wow, what a great idea, sweetcakes, I am going to try this.

coolchc21 Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 8:48pm
post #7 of 7

Thanks sweetcakes! That's actually exactly what I did. I just didn't think it was going to work at first. Luckily, I think it's going to rain tomorrow, so hopefully it won't be too warm. icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%