Decorating By cakegirlnc Updated 16 Apr 2009 , 5:28pm by fabulosity

cakegirlnc Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 5:10pm
post #1 of 6

Does anyone know if there is a pattern press or embosser with the s-scroll? I need to do the horizontal s-scroll on the side of a cake and my hand is not that steady. I have the c-scroll but I need tha s-scroll and I've looked all over the web and can't find.

5 replies
__Jamie__ Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 5:12pm
post #2 of 6
__Jamie__ Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 5:14pm
post #3 of 6

Oops...I see that you are looking for an actual pattern...mine was freehand. Sorry. But....even if you do use a template, your hand needs to be steady to stay on the lines....practice practice, practice! Put that tip touching the very chilled surface so you can glide right along and not pull pieces of your lines out of round. Make sure you don't have air in your piping bag so there aren't blowouts of air from the tip.

m1m Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 5:19pm
post #4 of 6

Yes! Wilton has one and I bought it and it works well
It's called a pattern press and I bought it at Michaels'. Besides the S, it has other shapes as well.

patticakesnc Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 5:25pm
post #5 of 6

Yep I have the wilton pattern press as well. I love it.

fabulosity Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 5:28pm
post #6 of 6

I bought some plastic stamping scrolls at in the craft section...they work great. You just have to be careful and not get carried away and push too hard. thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%