Filling Safe At Room Temp?

Decorating By CakeMommyTX Updated 16 Apr 2009 , 2:47pm by Cakepro

CakeMommyTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommyTX Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 2:04pm
post #1 of 5

I made some pineapple filling last night (crushed pineapple, sugar, water and cornstarch), for a cake for hubby to take to work.
Fell asleep on the couch and left it on the counter (covered in tubberware).
Is it safe?
There's no dairy and had it been in the cake it would have been at room temp all night anyways?
I have to thicken it some more so I'll be bringing it backto a boil but if I need to I can throw it away and start over I will.
I've never done this before I feel like such a dork for leaving it out, I always refridgerate everything.
I don't want to make anyone sick, what should I do?
I see prepared pineapple filling at the cake store all the time at room temp.

4 replies
Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 2:22pm
post #2 of 5

LOL, "tubberware." Is that a knock-off brand? icon_lol.gificon_wink.gif

It should be fine! It has nothing perishable in it and it was in a covered Tupperware container. I would not hesitate to use it.

Elaine2581 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elaine2581 Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 2:32pm
post #3 of 5

I'm definitely not a cake pro, but I think it should be fine too. Sounds delicious!

CakeMommyTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommyTX Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 2:40pm
post #4 of 5

I've always called it tubberware, is it actually "tupper"? That sounds sound weird to say outloud,oh well you learn something new everyday. As far as the filling goes, I burnt it trying to reheat it so looks like I'm starting over anyways, thanks for the help!

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 2:47pm
post #5 of 5

LOL, yes it is a brand name, so it is also capitalized. Tupperware. icon_biggrin.gif

Sorry you had to start over. icon_sad.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%