Jennifer Dontz Is The Nicest Person!

Decorating By courtney1009 Updated 22 Apr 2009 , 12:23pm by JenniferMI

courtney1009 Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 1:26pm
post #1 of 23

I just thought I would tell everyone how great Jennifer Dontz is. I contacted her about ordering some cutters to make gumpaste flowers. (There are so many sites with cutters but it's so confusing) She went above and beyond all of my expectations! Not only are her cakes beautiful, but she is the nicest person. I had so many questions for her and she answered every single one in detail. I swear her fingers must be sore from all of the typing she had to do. Then she even let me call her to explain things even more! While she was answering my questions, she was giving me all kinds of little tips to help me along the way. I was only going to buy a couple of things, (I had a budget) but after talking with her I ended up ordering so much more! (because she was so nice and helpful not because she recommended stuff I didn't need.) She even sent me all of the instructions for the cutters!!! If you want to make any type of flower HIGHLY recommend that you order your supplies from her. She is wonderful!!!

22 replies
Sabz Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 1:56pm
post #2 of 23

Thanks courtney. I should have read your post before starting mine. I'll definitely get in touch with her. But maybe I should give her a days break? She might still be recovering from helping you! haha only kidding! icon_wink.gif

sugarshack Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 4:46pm
post #3 of 23

She is the BEST!

Donnagardner Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 4:59pm
post #4 of 23

Yes, she is such a sweetheart....and very talented.

Ladiesofthehouse Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 5:05pm
post #5 of 23

Dumb question: does she have a website to contact her and see the products?

jsmith Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 5:08pm
post #6 of 23

I agree completely! She's always so nice and helpful and I loved taking her and Sharon's class.

edited to add her website:
http://www.jenniferdontz.com/

Cables4fun Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 5:14pm
post #7 of 23

You can contact her at www.jenniferdontz.com

I cannot say enough about Jennifer. She is an amazing sugar artist and an amazing person. She makes you feel that you can do anything, and if you are ever in need of her direction she does go above and beyond.

I have met 2 of the best people in the world through cakes, Jennifer Dontz and Sharon Zambito. If nothing else ever comes of my quest in sugar art, I have definately made two amazing friends. That's the way I think of them, friends, and I wish them both all of the best!

Thank you for listening, I just had to jump in here.

justsweet Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 5:17pm
post #8 of 23

She is an awesome person and very helpful. I have taken two classes from, the classes rock.

She will be coming to California to teach her new class, which I looking so forward to.

diane Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 5:46pm
post #9 of 23

that doesn't surprise me! she has always been someone who goes above and beyond...in her cakes and with people. i've heard of others who feel the same way you do about her. i just wish i could have taken one of her classes...but...that's in the future for me! icon_wink.gif

Cakepro Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 6:35pm
post #10 of 23

Yes, Jen Dontz is a wonderfully sweet woman. She goes out of her way to help people and is a patient instructor too. icon_smile.gif

I can't wait til she comes back to Houston in the fall!!! WOOHOO!!!

JenniferMI Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 9:35pm
post #11 of 23

Gee, you guys are gonna make me cry here in Hooterville!!! (I lovingly call my little town that icon_smile.gif Like I told Courtney on the phone, I started doing cakes many moons ago.... being in a little town, I had NO ONE to ask advice of...no internet. So, this is my little way of "giving back". So many times when people are searching for the right cutters and supplies, it's a total shot in the dark.

Thank you SO much for your kind words, they are so, so appreciated! And, to my partner in the flowers and fancies class, Sharon, MWAH....she's one of the best, too icon_smile.gif xxoo

I'm here to help if you need me.

Sweet regards and happy baking!

Jennifer icon_smile.gif

Relznik Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 9:47pm
post #12 of 23

I totally agree.

Having ordered a few things from her (including the a DVD) I contacted Jennifer to ask about one of the ingredients - because it's not something we have here in the UK...

Not only did she suggest an alternative, but even made up a batch herself using the alternative to make sure it really did work.

Jennifer's cakes are ABSOLUTELY the type I aspire to. Always so beautiful and elegant and perfectly finished.

Suzanne x

BarbRaz Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 10:03pm
post #13 of 23

Jennifer:
Do you ever head down to the sunny west coast of Florida to do classes?

JenniferMI Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 10:09pm
post #14 of 23

Thank you Suzanne icon_smile.gif

Barb - I will be doing another FL class in 2010. Just not sure on the date yet. Check back on my site in early fall, we should have a date by then.

Hope you can join us!!

Jennifer icon_smile.gif

Anntee Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 11:13pm
post #15 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbRaz

Jennifer:
Do you ever head down to the sunny west coast of Florida to do classes?

Hey Barb - I'm also on the West (best)coast. Where do you buy your supplies? I'm in the Tampa Bay area. Nice to meet you! icon_biggrin.gif

BarbRaz Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 10:03pm
post #16 of 23

Hi Anntee:
Nice to meet you too! I'm in Sarasota, and I buy most of my things at Michael's. I'm going to Orlando in a couple of weeks and I'm hoping to find a new place to buy some things.

kentuckyjode Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 11:54pm
post #17 of 23

Jennifer is hands down one of the nicest people I know!!!I want to be Jennifer Dontz and Sharon Zambito when I grow up!!!!!!Having taken one of their classes I can tell you that you won't find two funnier, sweeter and more talented people!!!!

JenniferMI Posted 18 Apr 2009 , 12:58am
post #18 of 23

Thanks Jode...that is SO sweet of you to say!

((((hugs)))) to you my friend! We enjoyed having you in the class icon_smile.gif

Jen icon_smile.gif

sugarshack Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 8:35pm
post #19 of 23

Aw Jode! U so sweet! MWAH

galliesway Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 12:19am
post #20 of 23

I wanna take a class from them both! I need the more beginner classes though. Any word Jen on when your dvd will be coming out?

Kelley

JenniferMI Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 12:55am
post #21 of 23

Hi Kelley!

My sugar flower classes are for any skill level. I've taught many students who have never touched gumpaste before and they do great!

The next DVD will be on floral arranging on cakes. We will shoot it as soon as I can get prepared. No date set yet. After that one, then I plan on doing a sugar flower one icon_smile.gif I'm anxious to get it going....

Jennifer icon_smile.gif

kentuckyjode Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 2:41am
post #22 of 23

Kelley, you can so thake Jen's class as a beginner....she is such a great teacher..I had never made big sugar flowers before and she made it sooooo easy and my flowers turned out beautiful!!!!!!Take her class if you can!

JenniferMI Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 12:23pm
post #23 of 23

Thanks Jode..... I am contacted by so many people that say they could never made the sugar flowers. They are step by step.... if you follow the steps, there really is no reason NOT to get good results.

They are impressive and easy icon_smile.gif Time consuming...yes icon_smile.gif

Jennifer icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%