Cake Board Grease Marks

Decorating By madgeowens Updated 17 Apr 2009 , 7:04am by madgeowens

madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgeowens Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 6:22am
post #1 of 15

What can you put on a cake board to keep from getting grease marks (look at bunny cake on my page) so that when you cut the cake its not tangling with foil? icon_redface.gif

14 replies
tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 6:28am
post #2 of 15

Those are cardboards, they are meant to be covered with foils. Or whatever you choose. Some people will even use contact paper.
Edna icon_smile.gif

Lidunka25 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lidunka25 Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 6:35am
post #3 of 15

Look at this video, it might help you.... For sure u can make it square or customized shape. And as Edna said reg. cardboard is usually covered in foil (aluminum or the special colored ones from bake supplies). I even once used the kitchen adhesive for drawers, it looked pretty too.

Lidunka25 Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 6:37am
post #4 of 15

Oh and u have to glue the foil on so u dont drag it with the cake icon_smile.gif But it shows on the video....

lchris Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lchris Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 12:24pm
post #5 of 15

Video?

solascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
solascakes Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 12:35pm
post #6 of 15

video, what video?

auntbeesbaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntbeesbaking Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 12:52pm
post #7 of 15

I buy WAXED cake boards from our cake supply store. If the cake is on a board I'm getting back, I cover a Masonite board (also from the cake store in various shapes) with white contact paper. The contact paper cleans up well and when it does need replacing (after knife marks digs, etc after numerous uses) then I just cover it over with more contact paper.

I hope that helps!

madgeowens Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 3:53pm
post #8 of 15

what video? thanks everyone....I will have to try something.

Lidunka25 Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 5:13pm
post #9 of 15

Oh my godness, I am retarded icon_confused.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Here is the video

madgeowens Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 7:29pm
post #10 of 15

No you are not, and I think the politically correct term is airhead? LOL Just kidding.....thank you soooooo much!!!! thumbs_up.gificon_lol.gif

Lidunka25 Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 3:33am
post #11 of 15

LOL airhead sounds pretty good too, glad It helped icon_wink.gif

2txmedics Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2txmedics Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 3:45am
post #12 of 15

I sit my cake on parchement paper, with the shiney side up on the cake. I cut it to the size of the cake. sometimes wax paper if Im out of parc. paper, and one time in my spider man cake I extended the icing all over the board, know you cant do it with most cakes especially elegant cakes.

and in medic terms...we dont say retarded ...we call those call and pyscho. calls "1096"'s...lol since my kids arent alowed to use words like hate, stupid, idiot, retarded...as they can hurt people...they go around saying 1096. lol They are now in there late 20's and 30's.

Lidunka25 Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 6:08am
post #13 of 15

1096 I will remember that, lol icon_smile.gif

lostincake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lostincake Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 6:39am
post #14 of 15

I use parchment paper cut to the shape of the cake. I find it is better for cutting on too.

When I've used foil to line the bottom of a cake, I've had it get stuck to the cake when lifting the cake off the board because it can tear when you push a cake lifter between the foil & the cake. Wax doesn't work so well for me either because I find it can break down from the grease too and has a tendency to tear. I find parchment to hold up the best.

My personal preference...HTH. icon_smile.gif

madgeowens Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 7:04am
post #15 of 15

I thought 1096 meant you had to go number 1 or 2 hahahahaha 10-4

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%