Ideas For Half & Half Cake?

Decorating By Sweetcakes23 Updated 16 Apr 2009 , 5:05am by Cables4fun

Sweetcakes23 Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 4:21am
post #1 of 5

I have a request for a birthday cake for brother and sister party (combined). Mom would like me to come up with an idea to split the two tier cake. Can I get some ideas?
Girl younger (5) into princesses
Boy older (7) into gaming?
Thanks for input!

4 replies
pipe-dreams Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 4:41am
post #2 of 5

I just had to do this too. It was a sheet cake...1/2 dora and 1/2 transformers. I think it should be much easier with 2 different tiers. As a gamer, I would recommend a controller(whether xbox or ps3 or whichever he likes) if she's willing to pay for that on top. Then you could find out which type of games he likes. I see he's only seven, which probably rules out first person shooters! See if he like ratatoullie (sp), bee movie game, etc. What are his fave games? Then it will be easier to incorporate it. If he likes the bee movie game, for example, put bees and honey. If she doesn't want a controller, maybe just make the buttons from the controller to put on the sides(x,a,b,y,triggers and sticks).

Cables4fun Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 4:41am
post #3 of 5

Could you do something with an opened book pan? I saw one earlier with one theme on one side and another theme on the other side. That way they are both represented, but you have a base to play with. Maybe the princess is in the game world or something like that, and you could write a bit of something on the pages so it looks like a story. OR.... do one page about the boy and the other about the girl...OR..they are together in the story pages.

Just an idea to get both of their intrests in the same cake...

pipe-dreams Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 4:44am
post #4 of 5

The princess in the game is a cute idea!

Cables4fun Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 5:05am
post #5 of 5

Could you do something with an opened book pan? I saw one earlier with one theme on one side and another theme on the other side. That way they are both represented, but you have a base to play with. Maybe the princess is in the game world or something like that, and you could write a bit of something on the pages so it looks like a story. OR.... do one page about the boy and the other about the girl...OR..they are together in the story pages.

Just an idea to get both of their intrests in the same cake...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%