Is It Ok To Store A Finished Cake For 2 Days??

Decorating By Angela93 Updated 16 Apr 2009 , 2:51am by ericaplh

Angela93 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Angela93 Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 2:34am
post #1 of 5

Ok.... I have a birthday cake needed for saturday and a baby shower cake needed for sunday.... I'm new to cake decorating so I take a long time! There is no way I can make both on the same day and both parties start early in the day!!! Would it be bad to make each cake 2 days before they are needed? and how should I store them? Will they dry out?

4 replies
Ariginal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ariginal Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 2:45am
post #2 of 5

i had two wedding cakes in one weekend one for the sat and one for the sun both morning deliveries... i baked the sat one on wed and thurs due to being 4 tiers iced and decorated them on the friday. i baked the sunday one on the friday and decorated it on the saturday.. hope that helps

VickiChicki Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VickiChicki Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 2:47am
post #3 of 5

This is based solely on my own past experience - doing and finishing a ccake 2 days before is perfectly fine. Of course this is based on the cake itself being moist and good to start with! But I have iced cakes with buttercream as well as buttercream and fondant 2 days prior to pick up and have received NUMEROUS compliments about how wonderful and delicious the cake was. I did place the finished cakes in boxes that were closed up tight as well. Hope this helps and all goes well!

LKing12 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LKing12 Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 2:50am
post #4 of 5

I always bake my cakes at least 2 days before they are to be delivered. If you are using bc icing, it will lock in the moisture of the cake. The bc will crust over, but, that is what you want.
In your area, if the air conditioner is on, the inside temperature no warmer than 75 degrees, it should be okay to leave out.
If you have room in the refrigerator, you might place them there over night and then take them out a few hours before they are to be delivered to avoid any condensation on the cake.

ericaplh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ericaplh Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 2:51am
post #5 of 5

so long as you crumbcoat the cakes immediately, they should stay fresh for days...provided you don't use perishable ingredients if leaving it out of the refrigerator.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%