*help Please*just Found Out Have To Provide Prom Cookies Sat

Baking By SweetSweetCreations Updated 16 Apr 2009 , 4:41am by SweetSweetCreations

SweetSweetCreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetSweetCreations Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 2:28am
post #1 of 3

I just got a phone call and I have to make prom cookies for Sat so I will have to have ready fri night for Mom to pick up. I am ok with doing them she just forgot to tell me. She only needs 30 of them.

So the theme is Moonlight and Roses. The roses will be red so should I just do Red rose cookies and moon cookies? I would like to do something really cool and Romantic so what ideas do you have. I know there is some mad talent here and I am searching the galleries now so hopefully I will figure out something really hip and cool.

TIA

2 replies
Honeydukes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Honeydukes Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 4:14am
post #2 of 3

Moons and roses would be cute -- maybe add the year on the cookies or packaging. You could also make some tuxs with roses on the lapels like these. Instead of bouquets, corsages on the wrists:
http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1148775

SweetSweetCreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetSweetCreations Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 4:41am
post #3 of 3

Ahhhh those cookies are so good. I have done a version of them but those are so much better than mine.

Ok so I have started a sketch with the cokie cutter I have decided to use. The suggestion about the date sparked the idea. I think will do the moon in fondant I think it will be easy to cut out a bunch and they will be uniform. I am thinking I will cover the cookie with an icing I use that has corn syurp in it. Prob in white?????? so the 2009 I will pipe in RI but the red roses how would you do them and where? I can do small roses with RI? I am thinking these could be really cute if I get the design right, they will not be packaged they will be on a platter on the food table. i will use either shimmer or luster dust on the cookies also.
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%