Wedding Cake Design Pro Software

Decorating By Cinderina Updated 2 May 2009 , 7:42pm by springlakecake

Cinderina Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 11:23pm
post #1 of 6

Has anyone tried the Wedding Cake Design Pro software? Appears to be marketed to brides but could be used by anyone. I'm very visual and was thinking this might help with putting colors and designs together. Most of my inspiration comes from CC but sometimes I don't see what I'm looking for. Example: Baby shower cake with the colors, red, orange, pale yellow, and pale blue. Thanks.

5 replies
cylstrial Posted 18 Apr 2009 , 11:36pm
post #2 of 6

There have been other posts on this same subject. I don't actually have the software, but I was interested in buying it. When I heard what other cake decorator's on CC had to say about it, I kind of changed my mind. You might try to search for old threads about this.

Suebee Posted 2 May 2009 , 7:20pm
post #3 of 6

I have it, I personally don't like it. It's not what you think - very limited on what designs you can do. We bought the extra color package and the colors are so close in shades thatyou can't tell the difference. It would be good if you had an image of something you wanted to put on the cake (say an animal, topper, figure, etc.) and could cut a paste it. But your very limited to the few items they have. Would be nice if you could draw on it too.

Very disappointed.

springlakecake Posted 2 May 2009 , 7:30pm
post #4 of 6

awww darn. I was kind of thinking it might be fun (and helpful) to have.

PSLCakeLady Posted 2 May 2009 , 7:31pm
post #5 of 6

I bought the program and it's a little useful at times just to play with ideas or show a bride who just can't visualize a color combination or things like that. It would be better if there was a feather that you could add in or draw in things to it, I'd have to agree. The only issue I find is that 2 of 3 of the brides I thought I was helping by emailing them the jpg of their cake design wound up using it to cake-shop and really PMO. I spent time fiddling with the program to get the cake they wanted and low and behold they use it to bring with them to other cake people to see how cheap they can have the same design for. Urgh. I kind of got away from doing that. I show them what I can do but I do not send it to them in jpg form....I figure I'm not going to do someone else's leg work for them.

springlakecake Posted 2 May 2009 , 7:42pm
post #6 of 6

geez I hadnt though about that!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%