Help!!!!!

Baking By nanatrucker Updated 17 Apr 2009 , 12:42pm by nanatrucker

nanatrucker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nanatrucker Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 11:01pm
post #1 of 9

I need the best tasting fondant recipe there is. Please Please somebody help icon_cry.gif

8 replies
nanatrucker Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 12:44am
post #2 of 9

Please somebody I know someone has a recipe that taste better than wiltons ready made. Please help. icon_cry.gif

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 4:19am
post #3 of 9
nanatrucker Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 12:43pm
post #4 of 9

Thanks for the reply and I have seen all of those in the recipe section but I was wondering which one is the best because tgis will be eaten.TIA

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 9:12am
post #5 of 9

The recipes are rated, although presently, there's no way to leave comments.

Pick a 4**** recipe and you should be pleased with the results. icon_smile.gif

HTH

ApplegumKitchen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ApplegumKitchen Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 9:52am
post #6 of 9

Here's one that I have used for years - Australian and gets 5 stars from me! (so let me know if there are things that you need clarified)

FONDANT

1/4 cup (60mls) (2fluidozs) water
1 tablespoon gelatine (20mls) think this is what you guys call unflavoured jello
3 tablespoons liquid glucose (again THINK this is what you would call light corn syrup - its clear!)
1 tablespoon glycerine
5 cups(750g) (1-1/2 lb) sifted pure icing sugar (this is 100% powdered sugar with no cornstarch added)
extra 1-1/2 cups (about 325g)

Place water in a small saucepan, add gelatine, stir over LOW heat until gelatine is dissolved; DO NOT BOIL Remove from heat and add glucose and glycerine, stir to combine. Place icing sugar into large basin, make well in centre, add liquid. Stir with spoon until sugar is combined with liquid. When mixture becomes too stiff to stir, mix with hand. Turn fondant out onto surface that has been well dusted with the extra icing sugar. Knead lightly until smooth, pliable and without stickiness

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 10:32am
post #7 of 9

I use Michele Foster's recipe... it is wonderful to work with and it tastes great. I stay away from marshmallow fondant... it's proven to be overly sweet and difficult to work with at times. Michele's recipe works everytime for me. HTH's

sweetjan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetjan Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 10:56am
post #8 of 9

Michele Foster's is state of the art! thumbs_up.gif

nanatrucker Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 12:42pm
post #9 of 9

Thank You Thank You VERY Much all of you. You guys are GREAT! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%