Stacking Cakes And Lights

Decorating By SOULLA13 Updated 16 Apr 2009 , 9:18pm by SOULLA13

SOULLA13 Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 10:21pm
post #1 of 5

Hi everyone, a bit of advice please. In July i will be christening a baby girl and have offered to also make the cake. I have found a design i like but it looks like it might be a difficult one to do. What i want to know is do you have to do anything else other than dowel to support a layer in between the cakes that hold the lights? I am just worried about the cakes sinking into one another. Ive attached a picture of the cake i want to do any advice would be grateful icon_smile.gif
LL

4 replies
dessert1st Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 11:30pm
post #2 of 5

I have often thought that I would use a glass cylinder for extra support when adding a layer "in between" like this..... but I have used Dowel rods with the SPS plates with great success, and I think that would work for this cake. If you aren't familiar with the SPS plates, they have a "cup" underneath the plate that the dowels fit into so that they stay in place. The bottom of course in achored into the lower cake level. I could take a quick pic if you need a visual.

SOULLA13 Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 7:25am
post #3 of 5

thanks, but no need i am familier with the sps but if anyone else has any suggestions i would be most grateful. icon_smile.gif

SOULLA13 Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 9:18pm
post #4 of 5

bump

SOULLA13 Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 9:18pm
post #5 of 5

bump

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%