Royal Icing ? Chocolateier Cake?

Decorating By pebblez87 Updated 16 Apr 2009 , 12:51am by DianeLM

pebblez87 Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 7:39pm
post #1 of 6

ok im forever asking questions first off how far in advance can u make up royal icing before its actual use like today is wednesday and i need it for friday would that be ok?

and then chocolate cake i am using box how can u doctor it to make it more chocolatey to me most box cake doesnt really taste of chocolate any help would be greatly appreciated

5 replies
Sweet_Guys Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 9:58pm
post #2 of 6

Yes...You can make royal icing up days in advance...You may need to stir liquid that pools back in or you may need to add some more water to thin it down...We were told in class to cover the container with plastic wrap and press it down onto the top layer of the royal and then seal with a cover.

We make our chocolate cake from scratch...We use powdered cocoa and hot water into the mixture...Another option would be to melt down candy coating or other chocolate and add that to the batter.

Paul & Peter

pattycakesnj Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 10:11pm
post #3 of 6

royal icing will keep for weeks, can't help with the box mix question as I bake from scratch. good luck

step0nmi Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 10:24pm
post #4 of 6

for my box cake mixes I either add in a few tablespoons of cocoa or add a box of chocolate pudding (just the dry mix) and add an extra egg! works great every time!

Suewillo Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 12:10am
post #5 of 6

DH has a great fudge chocolate cake mix that is a very moist dark chocolate. Everyone loves it.

DianeLM Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 12:51am
post #6 of 6

For your chocolate cake, add a few tablespoons of cocoa and replace ALL of the water with regular brewed coffee (cooled down). It will NOT taste at all like coffee, but the chocolate flavor will blow you away. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%