Help; Indie/guitar/graduation/writing Cake???

Decorating By Crissy_Cakes Updated 15 Apr 2009 , 11:12pm by Crissy_Cakes

Crissy_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crissy_Cakes Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 5:41pm
post #1 of 5

Hey everyone!
I need some help. I got a request today for a cake in May for a graduation cake that is supposed to incorporate the girls studies and likes.
How in the world do I incorporate her love of all things Indie into a graduation cake when she's graduating with studies in music (guitar) and writing? icon_confused.gif

And I already threw her ideas that included pretty music bars and notes and that was shot down. icon_cry.gif

4 replies
TheMightyQuinn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheMightyQuinn Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 8:27pm
post #2 of 5

k, so i was interested in what you have to do for a cake and went a googling around for some kind of ideas.

Check out http://www.gurl.com/ it's a indie sight that might give you ideas on the bands and colors ect thats associated with that genre

Maybe, i dont even know if they sell these but chocolate guitar molds? You could make them in the funky colors and maybe find out her favorite group or if she's wrote any music and make a "sheet of paper" with a portion of lyrics written on it, with the pen laying across it.

This is a tough one but should turn out interesting no matter what you do! HTH and good luck =D

Butterfly27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Butterfly27 Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 8:58pm
post #3 of 5

I don't know what type of cake decorating you are into but I sculpt alot of cakes. I suggest you sculpt and decorate a guitar cake and then make some paper out of fondant and put some writing on it and then also make a rolled up diploma out of fondant. Hope this helps you. Good luck.

luv_to_decorate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv_to_decorate Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 9:17pm
post #4 of 5

I like the idea of using a guitar candy mold and using other things on a stacked cake. How big is the cake to be? They may not need a tiered cake if it is for a small group.

Crissy_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crissy_Cakes Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 11:12pm
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMightyQuinn

k, so i was interested in what you have to do for a cake and went a googling around for some kind of ideas.

Check out http://www.gurl.com/ it's a indie sight that might give you ideas on the bands and colors ect thats associated with that genre

Maybe, i dont even know if they sell these but chocolate guitar molds? You could make them in the funky colors and maybe find out her favorite group or if she's wrote any music and make a "sheet of paper" with a portion of lyrics written on it, with the pen laying across it.

This is a tough one but should turn out interesting no matter what you do! HTH and good luck =D

Thank you so much, this website it amazing! I think I'm going to ask the mom what band her daughter is into and go with all three of your ideas about doing a guitar.

The rolled up diploma and the writing pen idea are brillant, thank you so much!

It's not a big cake, only 20-30 people so I think I'll be able to incorporate all three of your ideas.

Thank you all so much, you're got my brain just exploding with ideas....I'll let you know how it comes out!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%