Help With "original" Wasc Cake Recipe

Decorating By SweetMelissa2007 Updated 15 Apr 2009 , 8:51pm by kakeladi

SweetMelissa2007 Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 5:37pm
post #1 of 4

Hi Ladies,

I need some help. I am getting ready to make 2 recipes I found on CC for the first time for my son's 3rd bday cake and I had a couple of questions.

1. For the original WASC cake recipe, Kekeladi says she uses 1part vanilla, 1/2part butter flavor and 1/4 part almond but the recipe says 1 tbsp of flavor. So do I use 1tbsp vanilla, 1/2 tbsp butter and 1/4tbsp almond or should these components add up to 1 tablespoon?

2. For the lemonliscious lemon cake, it says 1 sm box of lemon pudding. Add cake mix and pudding together. Does this mean just the dry contents of the pudding mix, or do I make the pudding according to directions and then add that to cake mix?

THanks so much for any help. icon_biggrin.gif

3 replies
beachcakes Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 6:23pm
post #2 of 4

Hi. i think Kakeladi makes up a big batch of flavoring and then uses 1Tbsp of it in her recipe.

I haven't made the lemon cake, but i think it's likely just the dry pudding.

pinkbox Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 6:39pm
post #3 of 4

You can take the WASC recipe... then flavor as needed.

For example... a one box mix could use 2 tsp vanilla or 1 tsp vanilla and 1 tsp almond.... the amount is to taste really whether you add butter or other flavors.

a 2 box mix recipe batch you put 2 tsp vanilla and 2 tsp almond or the flavoring of choice.

I have taken the BC french vanilla flavor and added straight vanilla extract to make a very vanilla flavor.

Yes, its the dry pudding added to the dry cake mix then the rest of the items... then mix.

Happy baking

kakeladi Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 8:51pm
post #4 of 4

.........1. For the original WASC cake recipe, Kekeladi says she uses 1part vanilla, 1/2part butter flavor and 1/4 part almond but the recipe says 1 tbsp of flavor. So do I use 1tbsp vanilla, 1/2 tbsp butter and 1/4tbsp almond or should these components add up to 1 tablespoon? .......
.......a one box mix could use 2 tsp vanilla or 1 tsp vanilla and 1 tsp almond.... the amount is to taste really whether you add butter or other flavors. ........

Flavoring is very personal. You can use what you describe or you can make up a larger batch and take out the tablespoon needed. The total amount of flavoring used should come close to a tablespoon. Some people say they don't like almost so they use just vanilla; others have made many different combinations of flavoring to use for their own personal tastes.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%