Appropriate Time For Wedding Cake Delivery

Decorating By niccicola Updated 15 Apr 2009 , 5:25pm by kakeladi

niccicola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
niccicola Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 4:51pm
post #1 of 4

I have my 2nd wedding at the end of May. the first wedding i delivered at 12pm for a 2pm ceremony (they were getting married in the same room as the reception)

It worked out well, however, guests started arriving and looking over my shoulder. Nerve wracking!

So, my question is, how far before the reception do you deliver the cake? I have a cake with fillings that will be stable, but I still don't want it sitting out longer than it has to. It will already be sitting out for 2 days while i decorate it.

Thanks for your thoughts.

3 replies
KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 5:08pm
post #2 of 4

I think guests showing at 12 for a 2pm wedding is WAY out of the norm. For me, if the event is starting at 2, I will contract to have the cake set up by 1. I will usually arrive 12:30-12:45, earlier if I need to for longer setup.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 5:24pm
post #3 of 4

It either sits on your counter or on the reception table, so what's the difference? icon_confused.gif When the wedding is in the same room as the reception, it's a different ballgame because there WILL be a lot of activity much earlier in the day.

And I just dont' get the thing about people watching you. Heck, if I could, I'd stand on a table and announce, "The Cake Lady is putting the cake together now!!! Everyone gather round!!!!" 'coz I LUV an audience and I LUV hearing the ooooohs and aaaaaahs as I easily put a monster of a cake together!!!

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 5:25pm
post #4 of 4

I agree w/Kory's time frame. But.......I have also set up cakes as much as 8 hrs before reception time because that was the only way to fit the many deliveries into the day.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%