One Of My Pics...

Decorating By amberlee416 Updated 17 Apr 2009 , 1:37am by amberlee416

amberlee416 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amberlee416 Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 3:53pm
post #1 of 16

Disappeared icon_confused.gif I dont know why, it was in the cake disaster part and was a cake my son once again had gotten into. I know that it was on here and someone had even commented on it, but now its just gone. Any ideas on what happened

15 replies
Teekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teekakes Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 4:11pm
post #2 of 16

Did you have more than one photo of it uploaded into your album? If you did then that would explain why it disappeared. We are all only allowed to upload "one" picture of any given cake. All other pics of that same cake will be deleted. Just a thought of what may have happened to it. icon_smile.gif

amberlee416 Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 4:14pm
post #3 of 16

No it was the only one of that cake i dunno what happened

Teekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teekakes Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 4:30pm
post #4 of 16

Hmm, well, maybe you should chalk it up as a "technological myyyyystery" and upload the picture again. icon_lol.gif
Todays technology is a wonderful thing in lots of ways but it does have its blips~~ that have, on more than one occasion, left me with my head cocked to one side with an eyebrow raised! icon_confused.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

JodieF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JodieF Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 10:44pm
post #5 of 16

It's because there's a child's face in the photo...it's not allowed. It'll probably be deleted again.
I'm not trying to sound like a smart aleck, but you may want to read the rules that come up when you upload a photo, just to familiarize yourself with them.

"You may only upload cake photos that belong to you.
Uploading copyright protected images without permission of the source is not allowed. And will result in having your photo gallery privileges revoked permanently.
Your MUST crop or blur out, all people's faces before uploading your photos. Uploading photos with people's faces, even your own face is a violation of Cakecentral.com's terms and your photo uploading privileges will be revoked.
It's OK to upload photos of cakes that utilize a person's face as part of the decoration. For example, if you made a cake that had a frosting sheet print out of someone's face. That is OK. That is part of the actual decoration of the cake and is acceptable.

Duplicate photos are not allowed.
You may upload 1 photo of a cake and choose the most appropriate photo gallery for that 1 photo. On occasion its OK to upload a different angle of your cake, but we prefer you only do that if it the other photo shows entirely different details of the cake, that are not visible at all in the other photo. Please try and limit any "different" angle photos to just 1, that way there are not more than 2 photos in the gallery of the 1 cake.

"Naughty" or Adult theme cakes
Adult themed cakes may ONLY be uploaded to the Naughty Cake category. Uploading adult themed cakes to any other area will result in you losing your photo gallery privileges permanently.

Do not upload photos of non-food items. Any photos of diaper cakes and/or other crafts/subjects will be deleted immediately

By uploading any photo to CakeCentral.com, you are granting CakeCentral.com (Cake Central, LLC) the right to publish or alter the photo on our public website, as well as any other areas of our content that we see fit. Including, but not limited to, the photo gallery, the Forums, Recipes, Articles and Newsletters. "

Jodie

amberlee416 Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 3:48pm
post #6 of 16

Thats a possibility because it was the cake monster, i just assumed that since it was a pic snapped in the moment of the cake distaster that it would have been ok but i guess not, however

amberlee416 Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 5:12pm
post #7 of 16

So after thinking about this for a bit, it occurred to me that somehow, Jodie, you knew that there was a child in the pic, when there was no mention of it. Also while yes there was a child in the picture, his head was turned so that his face was NOT showing, and according to what you wrote that the rules of posting photos, as long as the face is not shown that it is ok. So I am still at a loss as to why this pic was taken off.

JodieF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JodieF Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 8:10pm
post #8 of 16

Before you decide that I had anything to do with your photo being deleted, I went to your photos and LOOKED. I assumed it was the last one you had posted, and there is a child in the photo....full face. If that one isn't the photo you were talking about, then you're lucky it also hasn't been deleted and your posting privileges revoked.

Have a great day.....

Jodie

lasidus1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lasidus1 Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 8:19pm
post #9 of 16

i just looked and i see what i assume is the photo, re-uploaded. i would suggest opening your photo with paint, or a similar program, and draw a circle over the child's face, or a smiley face. anything will do to cover him up and have the photo comply with the terms of service icon_smile.gif

lu9129 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lu9129 Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 8:23pm
post #10 of 16

My reindeer was deleted and I didn't know why. It was made out of chocolate. I thought maybe it got confused as being double posted because of the cookie reindeer that I made. They looked similar. No big deal.

Lu

GayeG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GayeG Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 8:24pm
post #11 of 16

I remember seeing the photo b4 it was deleted .. I remember thinking ... awww, that lil rascal!!! I have several little cake monsters here myself! But I dont see why it was deleted if having him in the photo was the reason ... you could NOT see his face at all ... (but it IS a cute face!) - coz now I looked at your OTHER one icon_wink.gif
I guess my point is - well, really I had no point but .... I've seen them b4 where you could see the face - and yes it WAS deleted, but this one you cant see ..
So sorry that has happened to you Amberlee icon_sad.gif Now thats 2 disasters in 1!

2txmedics Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2txmedics Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 8:31pm
post #12 of 16

I saw it yesterday, and the picture was full frontal on the face. I remember seeing it, because I thought, I would die if I had worked this hard and my child would have done this. There would be no way I could have had time to fix it.

So I do recall seeing a child in it. I believe Jodie was just making a comment as alot of us did infact see the picture, and she was trying to help. Everyone just needs to sit and eat some cake, and chill on this. There was no harm do, and a member had nothing to do with it, it was CC, according to the rules.

*group Hugs*

KathysCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KathysCC Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 11:50pm
post #13 of 16

I deleted a photo that was in the disaster gallery that had a child in it. It was probably yours and clearly a rules violation. I urge you to read this forum concerning photo posting.

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-625406.html

In defense of the other poster, it is not hard to remember a photo that has a person in it because there are very few posted. Most members read the rules so a photo with a face stands out from the rest. Also, though this was not the case with this particular photo (I found it myself without a report), every member has the right to report photos that violate the rules. I can't do my job alone and appreciate all the helpers out there.

KathysCC Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 11:59pm
post #14 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasidus1

i just looked and i see what i assume is the photo, re-uploaded. i would suggest opening your photo with paint, or a similar program, and draw a circle over the child's face, or a smiley face. anything will do to cover him up and have the photo comply with the terms of service icon_smile.gif

A better option is to crop just the cake out of the photo. The galleries are for cake photos only. A photo with a large smiley face covering the face of a person holding a cake that can barely be seen will be deleted. That decision came from Heath, not me.

KathysCC Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 12:03am
post #15 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by lu9129

My reindeer was deleted and I didn't know why. It was made out of chocolate. I thought maybe it got confused as being double posted because of the cookie reindeer that I made. They looked similar. No big deal.

Lu

Again, I suggest you read the forum that I wrote. Candy is not allowed in the gallery and that is probably why your photo was removed.

amberlee416 Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 1:37am
post #16 of 16

I will delete the photo that does have his face in it, BUT the one that was deleted did not show his face, i did not know of the rule about no faces as i dont have time to read everything posted on here, so i'm sorry about the trouble i have caused but it is still not the case with the fact that the one deleted did NOT show his face. Also I was just putting it out there that she said there was a child in it, not insinuating anything, just stating a point. Jodie please accept my apologies I did not mean anything by it. however i guess maybe i should just go back to lurking instead of posting anything, it seems that when i decided to be a posting member of this site that it has became more of a problem than a help, so whatever. Also i read the link that you gave me to the post about posting pictures and i didnt see it anywhere in there about faces, i'm not saying that thats not the rule, i just wanted to let you know that its not in that particular post. When i started this post i was simply asking a question, to which this question could have been answered WITHOUT acting like i'm stupid for not knowing EVERY rule that cc has. So, thank you to those that answered me nicely, but now i'm done with this conversation. Also i am deleting my photos so thats one less person the photo police need to worry about. Thank you and have a good night.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%