Decorating By cakesdelight Updated 16 Apr 2009 , 4:17am by ShortcakesSweets

cakesdelight Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesdelight Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 3:52pm
post #1 of 6

LADIES & GENTS...

There's Another FRAUD on the loose....

Name: Toby Goodman

email addy:[email protected]

calling with assistance operator; saying need a a cake for sons birthday. before getting a quote says to charge his credit card, will send extra money for shipping person to pick up....

I didn't run any information, instead called the police dept. since I wasn't a victom of anything, they couldn't do anything. But intead gave me a number in case that person called again to direct them. 614 888 1112 (that the dublin ohio police dept)

PLEASE BE AWARE OF THIS AN DON'T FALL FOR THIS SCAM!!!!

5 replies
evasmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
evasmama Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 8:29pm
post #2 of 6

I'm curious what makes this a scam. Maybe the guy is deaf.

michellesArt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellesArt Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 8:52pm
post #3 of 6

when the person says to charge it to a creditcard and include extra for shipping, they then want you to pay back the extra shipping (when you've got the charge/quote) but it's like a stolen creditcard so the real cardholder and you are both out of money-have heard of this scam several times on cc

CookiezNCupcakez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookiezNCupcakez Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 1:25am
post #4 of 6

Yeppers! It happened to my BFF except it was a wedding cake nearly 2000$ and she lost out in the end big time icon_sad.gif

evasmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
evasmama Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 1:57am
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by michellesArt

when the person says to charge it to a creditcard and include extra for shipping, they then want you to pay back the extra shipping (when you've got the charge/quote) but it's like a stolen creditcard so the real cardholder and you are both out of money-have heard of this scam several times on cc

Ahh...I see. The way the OP was written, I didn't get that part clearly.

ShortcakesSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShortcakesSweets Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 4:17am
post #6 of 6

There are many versions of this scam and some that are not cake related. I had some furniture and other items for sale a while back and advertised them on facebook marketplace. The only replies I received were similar to this scam but were all from people claiming to be in France and Canada. It's a shame, but we really have to be careful in all of our dealings.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%