Pictures At An Expo?????

Business By Lenette Updated 17 Apr 2009 , 2:33pm by Atomikjen

Lenette Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 2:59pm
post #1 of 11

I am participating in a local business expo. I am running out of time to do a lot of displays so I was thinking of printing out some pictures of my work and putting them up on display/project boards. I will have a couple of dummies but thought this could supplement.

What are your thoughts on this?

10 replies
ccr03 Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 3:04pm
post #2 of 11

That's a great idea! Don't forget to take your photo album/portfolio.

Also, with the display and dummies, make sure it all works together. You don't want it to look TOO cluttered.

Bluehue Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 3:17pm
post #3 of 11

Glad i read ccr03 post - otherwise my post would of been word for word - icon_redface.gificon_redface.gif

I was thinking *make sure your Dummies compliment the pictures that are behind them - so as not to look to *busy and cluttered*

And use white or black cloths (if using any) - otherwise coloured cloths could clash with the dummies AND pictures.

Good grief - four words in a row starting with *c* - icon_redface.gificon_redface.gificon_cry.gif
Reads like a bad English lesson - sorry about that. icon_redface.gif

Best of luck - hope it ll goes well for you -
Don't forget a snap or two for here. icon_wink.gif

Bluehue. icon_smile.gif

mom2spunkynbug Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 3:32pm
post #4 of 11

I used pictures along with dummies at a show that I did - but I printed out 8x10s and stuck them in black frames (you can get them pretty cheap)!

Good luck!

cakesdivine Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 3:40pm
post #5 of 11

I have done a few Biz expos which actually yielded better response than the bridal shows. Make sure you have a "give away" so people fill out raffle info (ie: name, address, email addy, phone, list b-day and anniversary) Boom instant leads with usable info. You can then put those names in your database (or and a few weeks to a month prior to their b-day or anniversary send them a card reminding them of your business and possibly a coupon offer.

I usually offer a free Special occasion cake valued up to $50. I choose a winner and send them the gift certificate for a free special occasion cake upto the $50 value (I don't send a gift cert for the $50 flat as many times they will order a basic 1/4 sheet which is only $22) They just have the option to use the full $50 value if they so choose, many times they order a cake over that amount so it works out even better! They are getting what they want and I usually gain a loyal repeat customer. Win/Win!

If there is electricity at the expo, bring a laptop computer that can play a slide show of your cakes... This allows many to see the cakes simultaneously and leaves you available to talk to potential clients. I have lost cake photos by being swamped at my booth, not able to police those looking through albums, and believe it or not people WILL remove a photo they like and walk away with it! They can't "steal" an electronic image...LOL. Oh and I always now have someone with me that makes sure people don't touch the laptop too!

Atomikjen Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 3:48pm
post #6 of 11

I agree with PPs =D

if you had about 2 weeks before the expo order a book from blurb. they print awesome quality books!

I just ordered mine from them for my senior reception/graduation from pastry school, can't wait to get it! =D

mom2spunkynbug Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 3:55pm
post #7 of 11

Oh, Cakesdivine's post reminded me...last year I got a digital photo album/frame for shows. I got a $70 one at WalMart. It's good when a crowd is around your booth & everyone can see!

cakesdivine Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 4:12pm
post #8 of 11

I forgot about the digital photo frames! That would work even better if they have the slideshow ability! Just pop in the SD card and let it go to town. If your computer has an SD port you can save your photos on your computer to the device then put in the frame... Awesome Mom2!

djs328 Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 4:14pm
post #9 of 11

A digital frame is a great idea - and a one time investment...You can always add/delete pics...Check online for some deals...We got an 8" one for my mom for around $50...And you'll probably want a decent sized one so people can see!
Good luck drumming up business!

sweetcakes Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 2:11pm
post #10 of 11

alsomake sure your digital frame will run off the internal battery. Some expos charge extra for the electricity hook up and thats expensive.

Atomikjen Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 2:33pm
post #11 of 11

they have digital frames (sometimes) at the wholesale clubs... we got one at sam's for around $40 and it's rechargeable! =D It IS small though... probably 3-4 inches screen size.

Quote by @%username% on %date%