Crumbling Cookies

Baking By sugarpiehoneybun Updated 15 Apr 2009 , 2:25pm by sunnigirl

sugarpiehoneybun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarpiehoneybun Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 2:09pm
post #1 of 3

Please, someone tell me how to roll out these made from scratch sugar cookies without them crumbling to pieces. I've tried to roll out between parchment paper still crumbling. Thanks :cry[/code][/quote]

2 replies
michellesArt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellesArt Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 2:23pm
post #2 of 3

what recipie did you use? i would think (without knowing) that perhaps you should add a small amount of soft butter (too much flour/too dry) start small and add more as needed. hope that helps icon_smile.gif chin up *hug*

sunnigirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sunnigirl Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 2:25pm
post #3 of 3

Are you using the No Fail Sugar Cookie recipe?
If not then the first thing I recommend is that you try it.
I take my dough and divide it into three rolls to refrigerate.
Once thoroughly chilled, I take mine out of the frig. , place it in the microwave at the LOWEST possible setting for about one min. and then 30 sec. increments. You want it to still be really cold but not so much that you cant press it with the flat part of my knife- not soft, it still needs to be very firm. Then I cut that roll in half and I place it on a large piece of saran wrap. I sort of mash it down with the flat part of my knife, then I pull half the saran over it and work it with my hands until it forms a sort of half moon with about 1 - 1 1/2 " thickness, smoothing the corners and getting it ready to roll out. Then I dust my countertop with flour, remove the saran wrap, slightly dust the top and bottom of the dough before laying it down, then place my shaped dough on the countertop, dust my rolling pin well and then roll out the dough. With this method, I never even have to turn my dough over. Just roll to the thickness you want. (I use less flour this way which prevents your dough from getting so tough with more rolling out) I tried putting between parchment but it just didn't work for me. I have to get my hands on the dough to judge how thick I want it rolled.
Hope this helps somewhat. Good luck! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%