Stuck For Filling Ideas....

Decorating By Carlymoon Updated 17 Apr 2009 , 5:41pm by lindambc

Carlymoon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carlymoon Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 1:33pm
post #1 of 6

I'm doing a "darn good chocolate cake" for a wedding but need some ideas for a filling that doesn't need to be refridgerated. What would be a filling that would get some ooh's and ahh's and would be a general crowd pleaser with chocolate cake??? help?

5 replies
idjitmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
idjitmom Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 4:13pm
post #2 of 6

How about a cherry, raspberry or strawberry? Or white chocolate? Or white chocolate combined w/ one of the others?

emiyeric Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emiyeric Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 5:23pm
post #3 of 6

I just did a peanut butter (although it's only for if you know you don't have allergies) filling for a chocolate fudge cake. Added a cup of peanut butter and a dram of Loranne's Peanut butter oil to buttercream. You could go that way for hazelnut, kahlua, mint, caramel (or actually make homemade caramel), banana, cookies and cream, chocolate chip cookie dough ... anything you see that works in your ice-cream aisle, and most of it could be done without refrigeration depending on what you use for your base. At the top of this forum, there's a sticky for a "Help! Gourmet Flavors" thread which is WONDERFUL for this sort of thing!

Good luck!

-Emi.

becky27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
becky27 Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 5:31pm
post #4 of 6

what about jett puffed marshmellow??? yummy...all of these ideas sound yummy....i am hungry now!!!!!!

kansaswolf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kansaswolf Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 5:34pm
post #5 of 6

I *LOVE* caramel filling in a chocolate cake... I have a really good recipe, which I suddenly feel like making... icon_biggrin.gif

lindambc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lindambc Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 5:41pm
post #6 of 6

I make my mousse fillings by taking frostin pride or pastry pride whipped topping and adding any flavor pudding to it. You have alot of different choices, they taste great and don't need to be in the fridge.

I like vanilla, cheesecake, chocolate fudge mousse with the chocolate cake.

Here is the link to the gourmet flavors thread that emiyeric mentioned, it is an amazing source for ideas:
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-614554-.html

Also, here is a link for a list of recipes from that thread, you can check every so often, someone updates it as we add recipes:

http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=df4f9hbq_46cs9f28fs

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%