Biggest Pet Peeve Ever.....

Decorating By cms2 Updated 24 Apr 2009 , 5:02am by luvsfreebies72

cutthecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutthecake Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 8:48pm
post #91 of 101

The "finger-licking cake cutters" gross me out. I won't eat cake if they're on the job. And I LOVE cake.

dennettesdelectables Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dennettesdelectables Posted 23 Apr 2009 , 12:49am
post #92 of 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by chellebyerly

I also dont like hearing- when someone sees the picture or the cake "gee it must be nice to have all that time- I wish I didnt have to work"

Yep, its a blast to stay up until 3am working on the cake, doing laundry, clipping the hundreds of coupons I clip ( I hear it about my coupons too) -- doing the PTA, and volunteering for a few other committees. I concider my coupons, and kids (all 4 of them), their laundry, and cooking for 6 a full time job. Plus the PTA, when there are 2 of us for a 500 kid school, and the other committees- I do it because I enjoy it, but get tired of hearing how 'it must be nice to have NOTHING to do'....

I totally feel ya there and my kids aren't even in school yet, my DH keeps telling me that it will get better once they go to school but I highly doubt that. I only have 2 kids one they will be 4 and 2 in July and most days I just don't know which was is up or down...I wait to do anything cake wise or other until everyone falls asleep but that still doesn't mean that since I worked all night I get to sleep in, I actually went to bed at 4 am in my daughters twin size bed w/ our puppy so hed wouldn't wake anyone up(let her have a movie night in my bed w/ daddy) and still got up at 7:30 and attend the all day party in which I made the cake for...and people still think, "oh, you've got it easy b/c you are in the comforts of your own home"
Ha, now you tell me what is so comfortable about the fact that I can't go to pee w/o 2 kids beating on the door..
sorry I know its off subject but I really needed to vent

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 23 Apr 2009 , 1:21pm
post #93 of 101

Be real careful about cheating your sleep on a regular basis--I raised my kids already so I've been there--but sleep is a taskmaster that will make you pay one way or another.

Just a be careful moment for whosoever.

flourjuice Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flourjuice Posted 23 Apr 2009 , 1:35pm
post #94 of 101

One time I made a baby shower cake for a friend and the hostest cut up the cake into pieces before anyone even arrived. I was furious. icon_mad.gif

Cheyanne25 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cheyanne25 Posted 23 Apr 2009 , 2:25pm
post #95 of 101

I've been making cakes for years to donate to my boyfriend's co-worker's children's school.

They have a big bake sale/cake raffle in the fall and spring and I always send a couple of cakes. The other cakes that get brought in are very basic (boxed cake, can icing, smarties for decorations), and so mine always go for the most. They've become anticipated (I love helping out the school, all the money goes to class trips to help student's who wouldn't be able to afford it).

What really gets my goat is this: the co-worker is a huge fan of my baking. Last year I sent in a carrot cake with cream cheese icing as well as some chocolate hazelnut mini cakes with truffles. Well the co-worker bought the carrot cake from the raffle and couldn't get enough of it. So a few months later wifey sends me an email asking me for the recipe so she can make it for him for his bday.... Problem being... I'm not very good at following a recipe exactly (and I was being particularly liberal that day), as well as the fact that I use weight measurements (as I learned in culinary school). I knew she was looking for something cut and dry and she wasn't going to be happy with what I could offer. Against my better judgment I sent her the recipe as best I could.

Eventually it filtered down through the co-worker to my boyfriend to me that she was not happy with how 'unexact' the instructions were and wanted me to convert the weight measurements into something she could use. GRRRRRRRRR. The worst part is that the co-worker keeps asking for me to send the actual recipe for her! lol Mind you it is really nice that he liked the cake that much that he still remembers it. icon_biggrin.gif

lostincake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lostincake Posted 23 Apr 2009 , 6:04pm
post #96 of 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by flourjuice

One time I made a baby shower cake for a friend and the hostest cut up the cake into pieces before anyone even arrived. I was furious. icon_mad.gif

I've never had this happen but I feel for ya.

Part of the enjoyment from making a cake is to see the reaction of the guests to an unexpected, custom designed, well-decorated, non-grocery store cake. Cutting it before anyone has a chance to see it would render all the hard work put into decorating a cake basically useless.

liapsim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
liapsim Posted 23 Apr 2009 , 10:53pm
post #97 of 101

OHhhhh....I have a new one that I was faced with last Saturday night!!!!

Here's me at dinner with 9 other girls I went to high school with. Four of them are repetitive customers as well. They are all saying how great my business is going.....I say "thanks, yeah! I am actually booked through the endd of August now". Then one of the girls....We'll call her J, says "oh, by the way I need to order a cake for 50 people for in 2 weeks and then another one for the end of may"---------DID YOU NOT JUST HEAR THE WORDS THAT CAME OUT OF MY MOUTH?!?!?!?

j-pal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
j-pal Posted 23 Apr 2009 , 11:49pm
post #98 of 101

My biggest pet peeve is when I give the price and they say, "Boy, I guess I'M in the wrong business!" They have no clue as to how much I spend and what it costs me to do cakes. Even my mother when she worked for me would act like I was makin' a killing!! Not even close!!!!

When someone asks me how long it takes to do a cake, I tell them "years... of training and experience!!" icon_smile.gif

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 24 Apr 2009 , 12:00am
post #99 of 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheyanne25

I've been making cakes for years to donate to my boyfriend's co-worker's children's school.

They have a big bake sale/cake raffle in the fall and spring and I always send a couple of cakes. The other cakes that get brought in are very basic (boxed cake, can icing, smarties for decorations), and so mine always go for the most. They've become anticipated (I love helping out the school, all the money goes to class trips to help student's who wouldn't be able to afford it).

What really gets my goat is this: the co-worker is a huge fan of my baking. Last year I sent in a carrot cake with cream cheese icing as well as some chocolate hazelnut mini cakes with truffles. Well the co-worker bought the carrot cake from the raffle and couldn't get enough of it. So a few months later wifey sends me an email asking me for the recipe so she can make it for him for his bday.... Problem being... I'm not very good at following a recipe exactly (and I was being particularly liberal that day), as well as the fact that I use weight measurements (as I learned in culinary school). I knew she was looking for something cut and dry and she wasn't going to be happy with what I could offer. Against my better judgment I sent her the recipe as best I could.

Eventually it filtered down through the co-worker to my boyfriend to me that she was not happy with how 'unexact' the instructions were and wanted me to convert the weight measurements into something she could use. GRRRRRRRRR. The worst part is that the co-worker keeps asking for me to send the actual recipe for her! lol Mind you it is really nice that he liked the cake that much that he still remembers it. icon_biggrin.gif

Maybe tell 'em it's a trade secret.

Just a thought for you.

pastrychefofthefuture Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastrychefofthefuture Posted 24 Apr 2009 , 12:24am
post #100 of 101

Probably my biggest pet peeve would be not with cakes, but with people leaving the toliet seat up icon_eek.gif . Whats worse is when you go into a public restroom and people don't flush the toliet!

luvsfreebies72 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvsfreebies72 Posted 24 Apr 2009 , 5:02am
post #101 of 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by k8memphis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheyanne25

Maybe tell 'em it's a trade secret.

Just a thought for you.

ITA w/ k8!! I used to give out my recipes... NO MORE! I have worked really, really hard to perfect my recipes over the years. You think i'm just going to throw ya a freebie?? Oy, no way. Go kill yourself perfecting your stuff like I had to do, biotches! (said to no one in particular, just venting as I was asked for my recipes AGAIN!!) icon_mad.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%