Desserts? Wedding On Sat, How Long Can Desserts Stay Out?

Decorating By mommy2kids Updated 24 Apr 2009 , 11:40am by indydebi

mommy2kids Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommy2kids Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 7:31am
post #1 of 3

i have a wedding on saturday for my sisters wedding and I am stressing. I have a lot of desserts in my freezer, and I need more room. when can I take them out and start preparing them in platters? They need to be at reception hall on friday early are they going to be ok unrefrigerated until saturday early evening? Premade bar desserts, puff pastry, cookies, etc.
Thanks

2 replies
Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 24 Apr 2009 , 10:56am
post #2 of 3

I really have no Idea but I depends on what kind of desserts they are. Does the bar contain creamcheese? Does the cookies contain something that is perishable? Does the puff pastry.

In my experience, I've had ginger cookies, sugar cookies, oatmeal cookies, chocolate chip cookies, biscottis and a bunch of other cookies sitting in room temperature in a tight container for about 3 days. It was completely fine. I've also had some bars left out and it was still good.

I think it would also depend on the temperature inside your house. If its like 90 degress then I would worry.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 24 Apr 2009 , 11:40am
post #3 of 3

Definitely depends on what kind of desserts they are. I frequently serve frozen desserts ... lemon bars, cream cheese based desserts, etc...... once removed from the freezer, these thaw in minutes. I actually take them from freezer directly to the van for delivery (in a cooler topped with ice) and by the time the guests arrive, they are totally thawed. Totally.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%