Frappuccino Cake Recipe?

Decorating By want2bcupcakequeen Updated 6 May 2014 , 5:10pm by chicny

want2bcupcakequeen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
want2bcupcakequeen Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 4:18am
post #1 of 24

I'm looking for a frappuccino or cappuccino cake recipe. I swear that at one point I found one on CC that called for bottle Starbucks Frappuccino drink but now I can't find it. I want to make Starbucks cupcakes (thank you Idreamofcakes!) and thought it would be fun to use a coffee flavored cake.

Thank you.

23 replies
mgigglin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgigglin Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 8:21am
post #2 of 24

I don't remember seeing that post but why couldnt you just use the frap as the liquid part of the recipe? When I make WASC I sustitute any liquid in there... I've used strawberry nectar, apple juice, liquid coffee creamer... So could you use the frap say with a white mix version of WASC and then maybe use a Keoke flavoring to bump up the coffee flavor? This sounds good... I think I need to try this! lol!! and then put some of that frap in my BC!!! OHHHHHHHH I know what I'm doing on days off this week! icon_lol.gif

HTH,
Kim

Idreamofcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Idreamofcakes Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 8:45am
post #3 of 24

Hello want2bcupcakequeen
When I made my frap recipe I used a betty crocker french vanilla cake mix
almost 1/2 cup oil ( not quite 1/2, but more then a 1/3)
3/4 c water
1/2 c milk
2 shots of espresso from Starbucks (cooled)
1/4 c caramel (you can buy a smal bottle of caramel at starbucks)Mix first 4 ing. as usual then add espresso and mix about 1 more minute.
add caramel just till combined. Cook at 325*
If you have anymore questions just PM and i'll get back to you ASAP

P.S. the cupcakes are my avatar icon_smile.gif

mgigglin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgigglin Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 8:51am
post #4 of 24

Oh yum!!! These sound wonderful! I'm guessing 3 eggs for the reg box mix? The cups really did ok in the oven ?? That is so cool!!! Thank you for sharing!!

Kim

JulyMama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulyMama Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 5:57pm
post #5 of 24

thanks for posting this, I am making these for a friends b-day in a couple weeks. I went to Starbucks and asked for some cups and the lady gave me a whole sleeve of short cups for free! I couldn't believe it!
I'm gonna have to try the frap recipe, thanks!

MacsMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MacsMom Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 6:22pm
post #6 of 24

This one is amazing:

Caramel Frappucino Cake - Laynie72
2 boxes of white cake mix
2 cups of flour ( I used cake flour)
1 box of vanilla pudding
1 cup of sugar
1/2 t of salt
1 1/2 cups of frapuccino mix (from starbucks)
1/2 cup of cajeta (Mexican caramel found in Wal-Mart where the Mexican stuff is)
1/2 cup of milk
2 cups of sour cream
6 eggs
1/4 cup of oil

jdelaney81 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jdelaney81 Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 6:25pm
post #7 of 24

Idreamofcakes,

Did you wrap the cups with foil first to prevent browning? Did you put eggs in the recipe (like the box mix calls for)? Oh, and how much batter did you put in each cup. I absolutely love your Starbucks cups! These would be perfect for a girl at work.

Thanks,
~Jen

want2bcupcakequeen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
want2bcupcakequeen Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 2:23am
post #8 of 24

Macsmom - That's the recipe I saw! Thank you. What is the frappuccino mix? Is a powder or could you use their bottled drink.

Idreamofcakes - I made six "test" Starbucks cupcakes this weekend. I used the 4 oz cups and could not believe how incredibly moist the cupcake stayed, even after several days. I cut a small slit in the top of each cup so they were easy to unwrap to eat. My boss is going to love these!

Uniqueask Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Uniqueask Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 2:31am
post #9 of 24

Thanks for the info guys

Lenette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lenette Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 3:31am
post #10 of 24

ohhh, that sounds sooo good. Now I gotta figure out how to get that flavor in a scratch cake. Ya'll are full of good flavor ideas! icon_biggrin.gif

MacsMom Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 5:14am
post #11 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by want2bcupcakequeen

Macsmom - That's the recipe I saw! Thank you. What is the frappuccino mix?

You have to go to Starbucks and ask them if you can buy just the mix. It's a liquid mix - I think all they add to it is milk and ice.

Luvsthedogs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Luvsthedogs Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 12:33pm
post #12 of 24

How about the Starbucks cups - do they have a problem giving/selling them to you? And if they sell them, how much?

Creative_chika Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Creative_chika Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 4:15pm
post #13 of 24

I cant wait to try those two recipes!

RositaFresita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RositaFresita Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 9:52pm
post #14 of 24

Hi Macsmom:
Thanks for sharing the recipe with us, it sounds so yummy. I wanted to make it so I went to Starbucks looking for the Frappucino mix, of course the guy said "sorry we can't sell it to you...". He tried to sell me some coffee powder to use instead of the Frappucino mix. How you done this recipe yourself? Were you able to find the Frappucino mix? what other substitute could I use for this recipe?
Please advise.
Rosita Fresita

Idreamofcakes Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 10:02pm
post #15 of 24

I worked for Sbux for years. Now a SAHM

Yes they will give you the cups for free they dont like to , but they will. They cannot charge you.

To get the Frap mix just order a tall frap (flavor ofyour choice) and ask them not to add the ice and not to blend it.

To make the mix they do not add ice or milk, but I can't tell you what they do use because I have sighned confidentiality agreements.

We eat them staright out of the cups with a spoon. Don't try to remove them first, thats the best part, no extra clean up! Oh and the "cute" factor.

I did not put foil around the cups, I was afraid they wouldnn't rise enough. I filled the cups about 2/3 full.

I added all 3 eggs to cake mix.

I know Macsmom has tons of great looking recipes I can't wait to try some of hers!
Sorry it took me so long to get back, i've been down for awhile.
I did post a few more "cakes 'n cups" pics in my photos.

I'm glad your all having fun with this, i know I am!

MacsMom Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 10:31pm
post #16 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by RositaFresita

Hi Macsmom:
Thanks for sharing the recipe with us, it sounds so yummy. I wanted to make it so I went to Starbucks looking for the Frappucino mix, of course the guy said "sorry we can't sell it to you...". He tried to sell me some coffee powder to use instead of the Frappucino mix. How you done this recipe yourself? Were you able to find the Frappucino mix? what other substitute could I use for this recipe?
Please advise.
Rosita Fresita

I didn't have a problem buying it, probably because of what Idreamofcakes said about ordering it with no ice, unblended. I don't why they wouldn't sell it to you. I told them I was using it in a cake for my husband so I could avoid the sideways glances icon_cool.gif

RositaFresita Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 1:47am
post #17 of 24

Idreamofcakes:
Thanks very much for your suggestion, I really appreciate it.
Rosita Fresita

Idreamofcakes Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 7:22pm
post #18 of 24

You'd be suprised at what people came in and ordered icon_surprised.gif
A lot of people would order a regular frap and then a second with no ice unblended so they could have on for later, then they wwould just add their own ice and blend at home. That isn't even close to the wierd ones though icon_eek.gif
Usually if there is a good manager who has trained their partners correctly there aren't too mant things they will tell you no about. I know with the economy the way it is, it's harder to always "give" the customer what they want, but they are really a very customer comes first company.

RositaFresita Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 7:47pm
post #19 of 24

Macsmom:
Thanks very much for your response.

Idreamofcakes.
Thanks again for your advise, I will go back to Starbucks to order the Frappucino without ice and unblended so I can make this cake. It sounds so good. It is hard to be on a diet with all these good recipes.

Have a great day.
Rosita Fresita

MacsMom Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 9:29pm
post #20 of 24

I was just in Wal Mart and saw Strabucks frappuccino ice-cream. You can use that, melted. Probbaly isn't as good as the mix, but it would work fine.

RositaFresita Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 3:09pm
post #21 of 24

Macsmom:
You are so creative!!!! Thanks for the tip.
Greetings
Rosita Fresita

bafishr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bafishr Posted 24 Apr 2009 , 12:54pm
post #22 of 24

Idreamofcakes, I thought your avatar was really Starbucks Coffee icon_wink.gif How did you keep the cups from burning in the oven?

Idreamofcakes Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 6:20am
post #23 of 24

you can actually use any cup (ive tried severl from the party supply store) the cake batter absorbs the heat. Just like when you put parchment, waxed paper, or cupcake liners in the oven. I used to do thid when I was a teen because regular cupcakes were just waaayyy to small! icon_lol.gif Youe best bet is to cook at 325 for a little longer if needed, use the clean toothpick method for these and they will still be moist!
Then just eat right out of cup with spoon or fork, afetr frosting.

chicny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chicny Posted 6 May 2014 , 5:10pm
post #24 of 24

Thanks for the great recipe...

What recommendations for filling would be good with this cake?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%