The Search Is On....for Me Anyways ;) Icing/moist Cake

Baking By FaithsPlace Updated 20 Apr 2009 , 4:09am by FaithsPlace

FaithsPlace Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 3:57am
post #1 of 6

Hello everyone...I am searching for the best tasting buttercream icicng...I'm tired of the same ol same I have been usisng...its either to sweet or to much like crisco...I am also searching for a moister cake recipe. The cakes I make are by no means dry but, I have had better. Please, Please, Please....if you have any ideas send them my way. I greatly appreciate any and all responds.

Thanks so much,

Faith icon_biggrin.gif

5 replies
brincess_b Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 3:11pm
post #2 of 6

start with a moist cake ( i like a victoria sponge recipe) and then make it even more moist by brushing with some simple syrup.
icing, i like a all butter bc, twice as much icing sugar as butter, a bit of milk, and flavouing ie: 10 oz butter, 20 oz icing sugar.

Caralinc Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 3:22pm
post #3 of 6

Hi, in the Recipe tab above try a search for the SugarShacks icing. It is very creamy. Also for the cake try WASC. HTH

tiggy2 Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 3:26pm
post #4 of 6

indydebi's BC recipe is also very good. It's in the recipe section.

underthesun Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 3:45pm
post #5 of 6

Someone here at CC gave me this recipe. I have made it several times using different cake flavors and different pudding flavors. I like it because it's really dense and super moist - easy to stack. I wish I could remember who's recipe it is so I could give her credit, but I just copied it down.

"Cake Mix Fix - Vanilla

I buy any mix... last week I used Betty Crocker... I add 1 cup of sour cream, 1 box of cheesecake pudding, 4 eggs, 1/2 c oil and 1/2c water. Also 1 tsp of bourbon vanilla...
Bake at 325 till done"

I, myself, put all dry incredients in a bowl first and whisk it. The batter comes out smoother.

I will say, it takes a long time to actually cook, but well worth it. Everytime I've made it, it falls a bit once it's out. Scared me at first, but it was completely done and again very moist! Great taste, kids and adults gobble it up!

FaithsPlace Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 4:09am
post #6 of 6

Thanks so much for the recipe and tips. Cant wait to try them all!

Quote by @%username% on %date%