The Search Is On....for Me Anyways ;) Icing/moist Cake

Baking By FaithsPlace Updated 20 Apr 2009 , 4:09am by FaithsPlace

FaithsPlace  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FaithsPlace Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 3:57am
post #1 of 6

Hello everyone...I am searching for the best tasting buttercream icicng...I'm tired of the same ol same I have been usisng...its either to sweet or to much like crisco...I am also searching for a moister cake recipe. The cakes I make are by no means dry but, I have had better. Please, Please, Please....if you have any ideas send them my way. I greatly appreciate any and all responds.

Thanks so much,

Faith icon_biggrin.gif

5 replies
 brincess_b  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 3:11pm
post #2 of 6

start with a moist cake ( i like a victoria sponge recipe) and then make it even more moist by brushing with some simple syrup.
icing, i like a all butter bc, twice as much icing sugar as butter, a bit of milk, and flavouing ie: 10 oz butter, 20 oz icing sugar.
xx

Caralinc  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Caralinc Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 3:22pm
post #3 of 6

Hi, in the Recipe tab above try a search for the SugarShacks icing. It is very creamy. Also for the cake try WASC. HTH

tiggy2  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 3:26pm
post #4 of 6

indydebi's BC recipe is also very good. It's in the recipe section.

underthesun  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
underthesun Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 3:45pm
post #5 of 6

Someone here at CC gave me this recipe. I have made it several times using different cake flavors and different pudding flavors. I like it because it's really dense and super moist - easy to stack. I wish I could remember who's recipe it is so I could give her credit, but I just copied it down.

"Cake Mix Fix - Vanilla

I buy any mix... last week I used Betty Crocker... I add 1 cup of sour cream, 1 box of cheesecake pudding, 4 eggs, 1/2 c oil and 1/2c water. Also 1 tsp of bourbon vanilla...
Bake at 325 till done"

I, myself, put all dry incredients in a bowl first and whisk it. The batter comes out smoother.

I will say, it takes a long time to actually cook, but well worth it. Everytime I've made it, it falls a bit once it's out. Scared me at first, but it was completely done and again very moist! Great taste, kids and adults gobble it up!

FaithsPlace  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FaithsPlace Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 4:09am
post #6 of 6

Thanks so much for the recipe and tips. Cant wait to try them all!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%