Need Your Opinion Quick!!

Decorating By Bellatheball Updated 15 Apr 2009 , 2:03pm by jammjenks

Bellatheball Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 2:50am
post #1 of 9

My little boy has been sick all week and I have a shoebox/shoe cake to make for the weekend. I'm getting a much later start than I had planned and am running in to a brick wall with respect to design ideas.

This cake will be for a church fundraiser. My inspiration was this shoe (see photo) that I saw a few years ago. I love it. Rather than calla lillies and big leaves, I might do a more delicate version with smaller pink flowers and two different colors of green for the leaves.

My problems: (1) what colors do I make the shoe box? (2) what color do I use to cover the board?

I think I must have fried-mom brain because this is usually my favorite part!

8 replies
Jenthecakelady Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 3:24am
post #2 of 9

I would do a pink shoe box with a green cake board with maybe a pink ribbon arond the edge (matching the ribbon on shoe). Maybe put a small amount of green accent on box.

txsteph Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 3:48am
post #3 of 9

Pink shoe box, and black cake board will make it "Pop"

kamilla79 Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 3:52am
post #4 of 9

Pink shoe box with gold or brown board.

Bluehue Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 4:01am
post #5 of 9

I go with Jenthecakelady and pink.
Doesn't look stark - looks soft and feminine.

Don't forget to come back and show us - icon_lol.gif

SHADDI Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 4:04am
post #6 of 9

Pink shoe box and brown sugar or cookie crumb for the cake board as if it was dirt. kind of if you were getting the shoe right out of your garden ready to wear. i love that shoe picture what a great idea you got from it..

Bellatheball Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 4:43am
post #7 of 9

I was standing in my kitchen mulling this over and I looked down at my maple hardwood. I thought it'd look really cool to make the board look like a hardwood floor (in a boutique). It would look like someone just tried a shoe on. I think you're all right about the box itself. I'm getting to work again! Thanks so much.

cylstrial Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 12:37pm
post #8 of 9

I do like the idea of a maple hardwood floor. That would be really cute!

jammjenks Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 2:03pm
post #9 of 9

I like the hardwood floor OR the dirt idea. Either one would be cute.

Quote by @%username% on %date%