Lactose Free Chocolate & Strawberry Cake?

Decorating By Lil_Belle

Lil_Belle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lil_Belle Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 1:19am
post #1 of 1

My brother is getting married in June and his shower (he and his fiance are having a joint shower) is next week. I'm doing the cake (yay!) and the soon to be wifey loves strawberry and chocolate flavors but because of my brother, most/all of the box mixes can't be used because they have milk, whey, or butter in them. this cake will possibly be 2 tiers so I'm good making a strawberry cake with a chocolate ganache filling but for the top it's a no-go. I would love to do a chocolate cake with strawberry filling (I have the strawberry sleeve filling and as I can tell it's safe) ....so any help?

I looked in the recipe section and couldn't see any chocolate ones that would work, but who knows I might have skipped one. icon_smile.gif

oh and a related question for the pros out there; when they went for their cake tasting the baker said they got busy and forgot to bake a cake and make a frosting he could have but wifey could taste and see if she liked it. They booked this place super long ago (8 months-1 year so the baker agreed at that time) should they be concerned? or is this a common occurrence? what if they are 'busy' the week of the wedding? icon_confused.gif any help = ♥

0 replies

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%