What Filling Goes Well With Pineapple Cake?

Decorating By idali Updated 20 Apr 2009 , 1:44am by Cake_Mooma

idali Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 7:15pm
post #1 of 18

Any suggestions or recipes are appreciated!

Thank you,
IC

17 replies
poohsmomma Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 7:30pm
post #2 of 18

When I think pineapple, I think coconut....

MACakes Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 9:55pm
post #3 of 18

Me too...yum coconut cream filling. Or perhaps orange.

djs328 Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 10:05pm
post #4 of 18

Anything citrus....also, maybe an almond cream filling? just made some pineapple upside down cakes this wknd w/almond in them - so yummy!!!

miasuzzette Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 10:06pm
post #5 of 18

Coconut Buttercream, would be Like having a Pina Colada. Yummy icon_biggrin.gif That would go together thumbs_up.gif

miasuzzette Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 10:55pm
post #6 of 18

icon_biggrin.gifPina Colada Buttercream

Ingredients-

2 Sticks of Butter ( Rm Temp )
2 Cups of Shortening
1 Teaspoon of Pinneapple Juice
2 Teaspoon of Coconut Cream
2 lb of Confectioner Sugar
1/2 Teaspoon of Salt
1 Tablespoon of Meringue Powder
1/2 Cup of Shredded Coconut

Directions-

Cream Shortening,Butter,Flavor,Liquid & Shredded Coconut . Gradually, add the Sugar to cream the Mixture. Mix well on Low speed. Until Smooth & Creamy. Don't over mix. thumbs_up.gif Enjoy. Let me know if you liked the Recipe.

Misdawn Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 11:04pm
post #7 of 18

Also caramel filling. It's like eatinga pineapple upside down cake with al lthat gooey brown sugar syrup. I take 8 oz cream cheese, 1 c caramel icecream topping, and about 1 c powdered sugar (more or less depending on taste and texture). Refrigerate until firm then spread on cake. I also make a brown sugar syrup just like making simple syrup, and spread this on each layer before applying my filling. Tastes yummy!

djs328 Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 11:09pm
post #8 of 18

ok, this thread is making me want to go on a tropical vacation!!! These ideas sound so good!!

idali - do you have a recipe you're willing to share for the pineapple cake?

mommyle Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 11:09pm
post #9 of 18

I love cream cheese. Yummy!

tonedna Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 11:11pm
post #10 of 18

Pina colada Mousse...
Bettercream, with added drained pineaple chunks, coco lopez, shredded coconut, and a some rum extract if wanted..
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

Mommy_Cakes Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 11:26pm
post #11 of 18

have you ever had chocolate covered pineapple....it's awesome, so maybe chocolate ganache.

but the pina colada cake sounds really yummy, I think I'd want to give that a try.

Cake_Mooma Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 11:42pm
post #12 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by miasuzzette

icon_biggrin.gifPina Colada Buttercream

Ingredients-

2 Sticks of Butter ( Rm Temp )
2 Cups of Shortening
1 Teaspoon of Pinneapple Juice
2 Teaspoon of Coconut Cream
2 lb of Confectioner Sugar
1/2 Teaspoon of Salt
1 Tablespoon of Meringue Powder
1/2 Cup of Shredded Coconut

Directions-

Cream Shortening,Butter,Flavor,Liquid & Shredded Coconut . Gradually, add the Sugar to cream the Mixture. Mix well on Low speed. Until Smooth & Creamy. Don't over mix. thumbs_up.gif Enjoy. Let me know if you liked the Recipe.

Silly question???
If I leave the shredded Coconut out of it is it something that I can use as the bc base under fondant? icon_redface.gificon_redface.gif

Bea

I feel funny asking silly questions lke this. Sorry....

idali Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 8:34pm
post #13 of 18

Thanks so much for all the replies and suggestions, the only problem now is choosing 1!!!

IC

cylstrial Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 8:48pm
post #14 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by djs328

ok, this thread is making me want to go on a tropical vacation!!! These ideas sound so good!!

idali - do you have a recipe you're willing to share for the pineapple cake?

I'm with you! Aruba/Hawaii/ well pretty much anywhere sounds great!

mxdiva Posted 18 Apr 2009 , 3:53am
post #15 of 18

cream cheese bc?

mommyle Posted 18 Apr 2009 , 3:57am
post #16 of 18

Cream cheese goes well with everything... Red velvet, carrot, pineapple... On a spoon is my DS favorite way!!!

cylstrial Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 8:31pm
post #17 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cake_Mooma

If I leave the shredded Coconut out of it is it something that I can use as the bc base under fondant? icon_redface.gificon_redface.gif

I would think that you could use this BC under fondant as long as you leave the shredded coconut out. =o) I've only had trouble with one icing not working out very well under fondant. It made the cake look funny because it was sliding around under the fondant. And truthfully, it wasn't even the BC, it was the filling that was sliding.

Cake_Mooma Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 1:44am
post #18 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by cylstrial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cake_Mooma

I would think that you could use this BC under fondant as long as you leave the shredded coconut out. =o) I've only had trouble with one icing not working out very well under fondant. It made the cake look funny because it was sliding around under the fondant. And truthfully, it wasn't even the BC, it was the filling that was sliding.

Thank You very much for the input. I will try it out this weekend and let you guyz know how it works out.

Bea

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%