Before I Go Crazy, Need Help With Frosting

Baking By nicki9774 Updated 19 Jun 2009 , 2:48pm by nicki9774

nicki9774 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nicki9774 Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 5:23pm
post #1 of 9

I have a client who does not want bc for her 25th anniversary in July and I explained that was the best way to go because of the weather. She insists on something not so sweet, I gave her some frosting to try but she says that is to sweet to and she gave me some web site that I can't find with a recipe for No fail/Never fail Icing, to me it looks like a 7 minute frosting, it has granulated sugar, water, you boil it. Can someone give me some ideas? Before I go crazy!!!

8 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 5:27pm
post #2 of 9

Go to the recipe section here and look for Whipped Cream buttercream. It's not whipped cream and has no cream in it - it's an unfortunate name. But the icing is stable and not as sweet as a lot of others.

AnitaK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnitaK Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 5:33pm
post #3 of 9

"Whipped Cream buttercream" is this an icing that can be used for decorating ?

nicki9774 Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 5:44pm
post #4 of 9

I made her a whipped bc, it had shortening, whipping cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla. She said it was still to sweet. She wanted me to use and please no laughing, Pillsbury Whipped Vanilla and I told her that she would have to buy the cans of frosting if that is what she wanted for frosting.

nicki9774 Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 6:07pm
post #5 of 9

I found the recipe. How well will it hold heat and does it smooth easy? It is an indoor reception, but I can't take no chances! My husband and brother have both told me to walk away and not to deal with them anymore. What do you think?

caseyhayes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
caseyhayes Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 6:07pm
post #6 of 9

Have you thought about the Stabilized whipped cream? I've used this for the people that don't like buttercream.
1 cup heavy whipping cream
2 tblspoons confectioners sugar
2 tblspoons piping gel
1/2 tsp clear vanilla extract

Combine cream and sugar in mixing bowl. Whip to soft peak stage. Add gel and vanilla, then continue to whip to stiff peaks. Do not over beat or you end up with butter. This can be used for filling, frosting, or decorating. (piping simple borders and rosettes.)

I like buttercream but I like this to. It makes for a lighter taste.

nicki9774 Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 6:59pm
post #7 of 9

I have thought about it, I wasn't sure it would hold up for a July event. That makes me nervous. It is so warm here in July and I'm afraid it won't hold. If I'm having problems now with her what happens on the day of the event and something goes wrong.

nicki9774 Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 8:42pm
post #8 of 9

Does anyone else have any ideas that would help? I am greatful for any idea at this point!

nicki9774 Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 2:48pm
post #9 of 9

Thank You for your help, she has decided to go with Wilton's Vanilla Whipped Icing! Finally, a frosting she likes and even better than that, I bought it at the tent sale and got it for 1/2 price. Love that Tent Sale!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%