Motorcyle Themed Cheesecake??

Decorating By patticake1956 Updated 20 Apr 2009 , 12:09pm by patticake1956

patticake1956 Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 5:12pm
post #1 of 6

I need help with ideas for creating a motorcycle themed cake using cheesecake(s). This is for a close friend who is in our motorcycle group. I was thinking either a fondant/gumpaste motorcycle & trailer on top of the cake or an edible image of his bike and trailer on top. I am sooo not as creative as I would like to be and I know you guys are. Any suggestions?? If making the bike and trailer out of gumpaste/fondant, does anyone have a template or instructions?
Pictures attached of the bike and trailer I need to incorporate into the cake.
icon_eek.gif
LL
LL

5 replies
susanmm23 Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 2:20pm
post #2 of 6

what about making the motorcycle out of fondant or chocolate and have it going around the outside of the cheese cake????

patticake1956 Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 4:35pm
post #3 of 6

Yes, I had thought about doing that with gumpaste/fondant, i'm just not sure of my modeling skills. Haven't really made anything except roses. I was hoping someone would have some directions to making one. I've seen some on here and will probably try to contact someone who's made them before. Thanks icon_smile.gif

susanmm23 Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 5:09pm
post #4 of 6

sorry i have no clue how to do it. lol sorry i couldnt be more help.

Jopalis Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 5:17pm
post #5 of 6

How about having an edible image made. Could even be one of the person on the motorcycle if that works.... Or you could make a buttercream transfer. You could cover the cheesecake in fondant and do a picture on it if you some artistic skills. Or for the edible image you could do the motorcycle logo....

patticake1956 Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 12:09pm
post #6 of 6

I didn't know if I could cover the cheesecake in fondant. If I can do it, that might be the way to go. Have you or anyone here ever covered a cheesecake in fondant? Or, can you attach an edible image to a cheesecake??

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%