Ck Vanilla Flavoring...or Should I Continue With Wilton??

Decorating By KKC Updated 16 Apr 2009 , 1:13am by KKC

KKC Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 12:27pm
post #1 of 7

Hi everyone,

I am constantly buying Wilton Vanilla because I love how it smells and tastes..but unfortunately they don't sell it by the gallon and that one little bottle is gone by the end of the day. So i am wondering is the CK clear vanilla good? Does it have the same flavor as the wilton vanilla? Is there any comparison? Thanks in advance!!!!

6 replies
cylstrial Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 12:31pm
post #2 of 7

Personally, I like it. And it's so much better because you don't run out as frequently.

KKC Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 12:51pm
post #3 of 7

Cylstrial...thanks for replying. Does it have that vanilla-ish flavor/smell?? The reason I'm asking is because i had previously purchased some vanilla from a cake supply shop (it wasn't CK vanilla) and it smelled like coconut...i bought the clear and the dark and they both smelled like coconut and when i used it in the cake it smelled and tasted like coconut.

Kiddiekakes Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 12:55pm
post #4 of 7

I buy the Watkins Double strenghth Imitation Vanilla and it does come in the gallon jug and smells really nice.It also is clear so it won't disolor your icing.Check and see if you have a Watkin rep...they sell it like Avon...I pay $93.00 CAD for mine and it lasts about 6 months.

KKC Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 1:04pm
post #5 of 7

I never knew Watkins sold their vanilla in that big of a jug. I really like the vanilla extract so I'll have to look into the gallon of clear vanilla. Thanks Kiddiekakes!

cylstrial Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 12:42am
post #6 of 7

I think it smells like vanilla. I wonder if they just mismarked the bottle that you bought? That's kind of weird for it to smell like coconut when it's supposed to be vanilla!

KKC Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 1:13am
post #7 of 7

Yeah, i thought so too...but for the dark colored vanilla to smell like coconut also, I didn't think that was a coincidence (sp?). But then again I think it was their own product that they sell because I had never seen the name before. I just use it for my coconut cakes!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%