Customer Wants A Wine Colored Cake With Silver Border? Help!

Decorating By karenm0712 Updated 14 Apr 2009 , 1:16pm by karenm0712

karenm0712 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karenm0712 Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 10:13am
post #1 of 4

Okay my fellow CC'ers I need help! My husband's friend has requested a cake for this Saturday and the ONLY reason I agreed is because it's his friend otherwise I would have said no too close to the date of event.

Anyhoo - his daughter (i think she's turning 1icon_cool.gif wants a double layer sheet cake (9x13) - okay no problem, but the colors she wants is WINE and SILVER. I briefly searched for pics, but nothing really struck me (well didn't look that long either). Anyone willing to help me out here with pics? They didn't give me any and I need something!

What I am most concerned with is achieving the silver border...I don't have an airbrush, but guess I could paint fondant balls?

Help, anyone? icon_smile.gif

3 replies
karenm0712 Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 10:40am
post #2 of 4

I know it's early, but I want to make sure this post stays on the home page. icon_smile.gif

MOBOGAL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MOBOGAL Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 11:54am
post #3 of 4

Hi icon_smile.gif

Here is my wine and silver cake. This was for a friend's bridal shower cake (her colors were also wine and silver!). I used Americolor burgundy mixed with a little black to get the wine colored roses. And I made white roses and painted them silver with Wilton Petal Dust in silver (tiny amount of lemon extract mixed with the silver to get the right thickness and color). Painting the border could be a pain, but is do-able with the Pearl dust. Anyways, hope this helps a little!

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1253371

karenm0712 Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 1:16pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks MOBOGAL! icon_smile.gif I have been brainstorming all morning and while I know I can do it Iprobably should have said no b/c I have my daughter's b'day cake to make too. BUT my business needs to pick up and I can't do that if I turn people away... icon_wink.gif

Now I have been laughing (quietly b/c I am at work now) at the though of what everyone's mouth is going to look like after they eat the cake! hehehehehe

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%