Sugar Schaks 6Qt Recipe, Now What

Decorating By AfordRN Updated 17 Apr 2009 , 9:43pm by sugarshack

AfordRN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AfordRN Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 2:32am
post #1 of 8

I bought a new 6 qt KA and was super excited to try out Sugar Schaks 6 qt BC recipe I found on CC. Now that I have made a batch (I have 1 1/2 ice cream buckets full!) I have discovered I'm not crazy over the taste. icon_redface.gif I love the lightness and that it is not so sweet, but seems like it is greasy to me. I used 4 tbsp creme bouquet and 1 tbsp vanilla (I only bought a small bottle). Is it possible to put it back in the mixer and add more flavoring?
Maybe it was the creamer....I used Sam's Club brand. Could I add some salt to cut the greasy flavor? Any suggests would be appreciated as I DON'T want all that frosting to go to waste. I'm sure my kids would eat it all if I let them tho. icon_lol.gif

7 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 9:39am
post #2 of 8

Hi-ratio shortening normally doesn't have the greasy mouth feel some people associate with Crisco-type shortenings.

What brand of shortening did you use?

Adding more powdered sugar will increase the proportion of sugar to fat and thus decrease whatever "greasy" mouth feel you're experiencing.

I've never encountered a "greasy flavor" so I can't help with that. But you can certainly add more extract to increase the depth of flavor in the frosting.

HTH

AfordRN Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 12:47pm
post #3 of 8

I used Sweetex shortening. Maybe it was the flavoring, I used Magic Line. Next time I'll get a bigger bottle of creme bouquet!! Don't get me wrong, I do like the flavor, I think I'm just so used to super sweet BC that I was suprised at this recipe when I first tasted it. I'll make some cupcakes and try it on them. I'm sure I'll grow to like it. icon_lol.gif

sugarshack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarshack Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 8:59pm
post #4 of 8

I swear if you get the wedding bouquet flavoring you will feel like the gates of heaven have opened up for you. It reallly makes the flavor of my icing, IMO!

AfordRN Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 9:08pm
post #5 of 8

I see GSA carries it, so next time I order I'll put some in my cart. Tried the frosting on cupcakes today and got rave reviews from the co-workers.

sugarshack Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 9:17pm
post #6 of 8

and you can get it direct from the lady too in larger bottles:

B & B Cake Decorating Supplies

1 review - Write a review

13096 Shannon Ln
Hammond, LA 70401

(985) 542-8079

Shanadi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shanadi Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 6:31pm
post #7 of 8

So I am new at this and was reading your recipe, which I have heard fabulous things about and was wondering was "VIVA" is and also what computer paper do you use. These are two tecniques I an not familiar with. Do you mind explaining?

Thanks
Shanadi

sugarshack Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 9:43pm
post #8 of 8

Viva is a brand od paper towel that has no imprint on it, so it smooths the Bc beautifully. an d i just use regualr printer paper to finish it off.

HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%