Chocolate Buttercream Frosting!!

Baking By CbyA Updated 15 Apr 2009 , 7:47am by mommy2kids

CbyA Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 2:10am
post #1 of 8

I need a very good chocolate buttercream frosting ASAP!!! Does anyone has a good one? please help me I don't know what is going on with that one I use to make it is full of air bubbles and I always make it in the same way I don't know what to do and I have a cake for this coming Thursday!!! icon_cry.gif PLEASE HELP MEEEEE

7 replies
prterrell Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 2:19am
post #2 of 8

I make my standard IMBC recipe and add melted unsweetened chocolate (cooled to room temp) to taste.

DsLady614 Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 3:05am
post #3 of 8

I use Serious_Cake's recipe. You can search for it here on the site. I don't have my recipes on me right now. I kid you not, this stuff is like crack in a bowl. I barely get it on the cake!

idjitmom Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 3:34am
post #4 of 8

I just add some powdered cocoa & some hot fuge ice cream topping to my regular BC receipe.

patticakesnc Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 3:46am
post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by vstar_pilot

I use Serious_Cake's recipe. You can search for it here on the site. I don't have my recipes on me right now. I kid you not, this stuff is like crack in a bowl. I barely get it on the cake!

LMAO That is too funny! I will have to ck that one out.

Normally I use the recipe on the Hersheys Cocoa can...I LOVE it.[/img]

Sweet_Guys Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 8:44pm
post #6 of 8

We use 12 oz butter to 1 lb confectioner's sugar with 1 tbsp meringue powder and some water to thin down for our buttercream. For chocolate, we add melted candy coating. YUMMMM!!! Tastes like a chocolate malted.

Paul & Peter

CbyA Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 9:45pm
post #7 of 8

Very kind from all you, thanks so much...but wich one I try first? lol

mommy2kids Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 7:47am
post #8 of 8

I use the hersheys cocoa one on the back on the unsweetened cocoa can. That is the best one I tried. You can get recipe online as well. Sorry I do not have a can with me today.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%