Need Ideas For Cake For Senior's Birthday

Decorating By rocketmom1985 Updated 15 Apr 2009 , 3:43pm by rocketmom1985

rocketmom1985 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rocketmom1985 Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 1:49am
post #1 of 5

Not HS or college seniors...I mean old folks like me, icon_razz.gif

I have an order for a full sheet cake and they want balloons on it with the names of the celebrants. Not certainly my choice but hey, I is only the baker! There are 6 names and they want of course HB written on it. No flowers as there are "men" and "men" aren't into "roses" I guess. They requested bc with 1/2 choc cake and 1/2 marble.

So what can I do to make this cake a bit more "exciting"? I was thinking fondant balloons with each name. Gee, but that is so blah. Any ideas? I am out of town til Thursday, and the cake is due Saturday afternoon, maybe plain is the best for this cake. A couple of multicolored borders and the simple balloons...no fuse no muse eh?

Will make the cake Thursday evening, and decorate friday.

Anyone have anything that is kinda different but simple?

dennise

4 replies
cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 12:57pm
post #2 of 5

I'm drawing a blank on this one.

brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 1:53pm
post #3 of 5

id just say ballons, and confetti, or sprinkles. keep it simple and bright! you could make it like more 3d balloons, mounds of fondant.
maybe something itntresting to hold the balloons?
xx

caseyhayes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
caseyhayes Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 3:52pm
post #4 of 5

I know this thread is old but it has been sooo helpful to me! I've had the same kind of order HB for senior men and women. Will use the balloon and confetti idea. Thanks!

rocketmom1985 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rocketmom1985 Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 3:43pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks brincess_b! I thought about doing some fondant balloons with a mound of bc underneath to make 'em puffy. I did find a curly ribbon I'll cut and put on the four corners. I guess simple is the best...the last several cakes I've made for our retirement community were really fancy and nobody wanted to eat them! I will write the name on the balloon before putting it on the cake. Sprinkes is a great idea, nice and colorful.

Thanks again.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%