Food Network Challenge - How Do They Choose Decorators?

Decorating By trumpetmidget Updated 14 Apr 2009 , 1:51pm by costumeczar

trumpetmidget Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
trumpetmidget Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 1:45am
post #1 of 5

I was just curious to find out how they choose competitors for the Food Network Challenges? How do they find out about the decorators? I would love to know. Yes, it is my secret dream to be on that show some day...but, alas, my talent is not there yet...icon_smile.gif But, I have been wondering where the challengers come from. Does anyone know??

4 replies
bakery_chick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakery_chick Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 12:59pm
post #2 of 5

I am not sure, but I would sure like to...
That is so my not-so-secret dream. I saw a girl that stood across from me during culinary school on two challenges. I was a little green with envy. She was/is a fantastic artist. She makes some of the best figurines I have ever seen!!!

Jenn2179 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenn2179 Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 1:02pm
post #3 of 5

They know some of the big names who they started with. They will also ask those big names to recommend people that they think have the abilities and drive and know-how to be on the show.

CakesByLJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByLJ Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 1:08pm
post #4 of 5

Yep, what Jenn said.. Previous (and currant) cake challengers make recommendations to the producers. They also are on the lookout in cake magazines and local cake shows too... I know a few folks who have been asked/or been on.

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 1:51pm
post #5 of 5

They asked me to do it and said that they found me through my website, so they look around online, too.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%