How Come Men Don't Get It?

Decorating By jensenscakes Updated 18 Apr 2009 , 6:33am by margaretb

DebBTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DebBTX Posted 18 Apr 2009 , 3:41am
post #31 of 33

I just had to smile when this thread reminded me of a very old cookbook that I have.

Under the Preserves, Jellies and Jams chapter, the ladies had a recipe on how To Preserve a Husband.

Be careful in your selection. Do not choose too young and take only such varieties as have been reared in a good moral atmosphere. When once decided upon and selected, let that part remain forever settled, and give your entire thought to preparation for domestic use. Some insist on keeping them in a pickle, while others are constantly getting them in hot water. Even poor varieties may be made sweet, tender and good, by garnishing them with patience, well sweetened with smiles and flavored to taste with kisses. Then wrap well in a mantle of charity, keep warm with a steady fire of domestic devotion and serve with peaches and cream. When thus prepared they will keep for years. The above recipe has been well tested by the ladies of the UDC and is thoroughly suited to this climate; is not in the least affected by the altitude. Very fine.
-Mrs. Henry Moore, Cleburne, Texas (1929)

-Debbie B. icon_biggrin.gif

mommyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommyle Posted 18 Apr 2009 , 3:43am
post #32 of 33

AWWWWW... Now THAT is sweet.

I wish I was that nice.

margaretb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
margaretb Posted 18 Apr 2009 , 6:33am
post #33 of 33

OMG RandomCakes -- we're married to the same man and he's leading a double life! I also call it babysitting, and DH doesn't like it, but since I have to ask him WAY in advance, then can't get an answer until 24 hours before my appointment or whatever, then never know if he will actually show up when I need to leave, I consider it babysitting. Heck, it is easier to arrange things with an actual babysitter.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%