Pastry Pride/frostin Pride And Fondant/gumpaste Cutouts

Decorating By Normita Updated 16 Mar 2016 , 9:15pm by CreativeCakes1

Normita Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 12:27am
post #1 of 4

I wanted to know if you make a cake using a whipped topping like pastry pride or frostin pride can you add fondant/gumpaste cutouts or will they just slide right off?? Alot of people dont like the buttercream taste but like all the designs you can do using this icing....any suggestions on what I can do...maybe using an icing that can hold up for these decorations and that tastes good and not as sweet.....and while I am at it...maybe can even crust as good as buttercream so I can the smooth it using VIVA???

3 replies
Michellers Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 5:49am
post #2 of 4

Hey neighbor! Everyone I know dislikes buttercream so I make a lot of pastry pride cakes. You can most definitely stick fondant onto cakes iced with pastry pride. Sometimes I brush a little water on the back of the fondant piece before sticking on, but it does stick very well and I've never had decorations slide down the cake. The only thing is pastry pride doesn't crust, it's more like a skin. I've used a warm spatula and it smooths really well.

Normita Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 7:35pm
post #3 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michellers

Hey neighbor! Everyone I know dislikes buttercream so I make a lot of pastry pride cakes. You can most definitely stick fondant onto cakes iced with pastry pride. Sometimes I brush a little water on the back of the fondant piece before sticking on, but it does stick very well and I've never had decorations slide down the cake. The only thing is pastry pride doesn't crust, it's more like a skin. I've used a warm spatula and it smooths really well.

Hey neighbor...how funny I used to live in that area before I moved over here!!! I have worked with pastry pride and it is much easier to frost/smooth a cake. Its good to know that I can add fondant pieces to it. Thanks a lot. You were the only one that responded icon_smile.gif

CreativeCakes1 Posted 16 Mar 2016 , 9:15pm
post #4 of 4

Do you have to let the fondant dry before adding them? Do you let the PP dry? Is there a special brand of fondant you use? Store bought or home made? I have seen Fat Daddios, Wilton and Satin Ice but noticed some people also make their own Marshmallow fondant. Thanks

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%