Time Issue ? Freeze The Cake?

Decorating By txsteph Updated 14 Apr 2009 , 2:36am by txsteph

txsteph Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
txsteph Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 7:17pm
post #1 of 3

I promised my sister I would make her birthday cake. We were supposed to celebrate it April 26th. But because my mother is working that weekend, they decided to move it up to this coming Sunday the 19th.
I have my best friends wedding Saturday the 18th which I am the "best babe" for. He lives 6 hours away, and the wedding is not until 5pm that night. I am leaving Thursday morning to head there. Won't be back until Sunday the 19th in the afternoon @ the time my Mom wants to do my sisters birthday. I want to make her cake still ... but no way I can bake & decorate that day.
I can make the cake Wed. evening & freeze it, have hubby pull out of freezer Saturday to defrost & then decorate it once I get home Sunday. My question is this ... How do I prepare the cake for freezing? I have never frozen cake before. Also .. I can mix the icing colors before I go, but where to store them? going to be all BC. In fridge? Should I have hubby pull them out of fridge before I get home so they are not hard as a rock? It is going to be a butterfly cake with the Wilton cake pan, ice it with star tip bag with different colors of BC. Please any help and info would be much appreciated!! I do not want to let my sister down.

2 replies
bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 8:42pm
post #2 of 3

Yes, you can bake the cake on Wednesday. Ask hubby to take it out from the freezer on saturday night and put it in the fridge. And ask him to take the cake out from the fridge on sunday morning and let it come to room temperature on the counter.

Bake the cake, let it cool completely and wrap it in saran wrap and then in foil and put it in a freezer bag. Make sure you tell your hubby not to remove the wrapping!

You also can make the bc in advance. Just put them in the fridge. Your hubby needs to take them out from the fridge on sunday morning for them to come to room temperature. icon_smile.gif

txsteph Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
txsteph Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 2:36am
post #3 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bashini

Yes, you can bake the cake on Wednesday. Ask hubby to take it out from the freezer on saturday night and put it in the fridge. And ask him to take the cake out from the fridge on sunday morning and let it come to room temperature on the counter.

Bake the cake, let it cool completely and wrap it in saran wrap and then in foil and put it in a freezer bag. Make sure you tell your hubby not to remove the wrapping!

You also can make the bc in advance. Just put them in the fridge. Your hubby needs to take them out from the fridge on sunday morning for them to come to room temperature. icon_smile.gif

Thank You so much!! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%