Oklahoma Bakers

Business By ambernd Updated 13 Apr 2009 , 8:27pm by littlecake

ambernd Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 6:56pm
post #1 of 4

Does anyone in oklahoma legally bake cakes in a separate building on their property where there house is? Can this be done?

3 replies
littlecake Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 7:02pm
post #2 of 4

you can bake legally in a separate building by your home....before i opened my shop, i debated on doing this....the rules about equipment etc vary from county to county, check with the health dept and city planner(if you are in city limits) to see about signage and stuff.

ambernd Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 7:15pm
post #3 of 4

I really want to do this so I dont have to give up my job yet. Where my house is is already zoned commerical and I have a really big yard I just dont know what all the requirements are for the actual building. You think I can just call my county hd to find out?

littlecake Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 8:27pm
post #4 of 4

yeah, i'm in muskogee county, and i called...they sent a rep out to look at the place i was gonna rent, to see if the measurements were ok, they were very helpful.

Quote by @%username% on %date%