Rude Guest!

Lounge By Karema Updated 15 Apr 2009 , 1:58am by mbelgard

Karema Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karema Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 5:25pm
post #1 of 13

So I did decide to cook something for Easter after all. I had spoken to my cousin who is living near me and he didnt have anywhere to go for Easter. I felt horrible because his mom just died three weeks ago. So I made a little something and told him to come over. Well he asked if he could bring a friend. I said ok sure. I then added a little more to the pots because I was only cooking a little bit of food. So he comes an hour early and I'm still cooking. He brings this girl and I was in shock over her behavior.

1. She comes in and refuses to take her coat off because she states she is cold.

2. Leaves her shoes on even though my cousin stops buy at the door and takes his off.

3. Comes to the table when dinner is ready and starts texting on her phone. I told her to stop please because that is rude and she just says "Yes Ma'am"

4. Fixes a plate and it has like two bites of chicken on it and thats it. I asked her if she wanted more food and she says no she is on a diet.

5. Doesn't even use her fork to eat just uses her fingers. Doesnt even take anything to drink.

6. Insults a good friend of my husband an mine and I put her in her place. The woman is such a sweet woman and now lives in the Virgin Islands. But she begins saying how she hates her.

7. Curses at the table with my kids sitting right there!

8. After we eat and are all sitting there talking she picks up her cell phone and makes a call and asked the person on the phone what they cooked becaue she is hungry and wants some cheesecake and peach cobbler. I say I thought you were on a diet? My husband told her to leave the table because she is being rude.

I look at my cousin and told him he is always welcomed in my home but he better get her out of my house now! I told him he could come back which he did and the hubby and him played the Wii game while I sat with my feet up!

I couldnt believe her behavior. I told him not to ever bring her back because she is rude and disrespectful. Anyone else have any interesting guest this holiday season?

12 replies
Larrimore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Larrimore Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 5:30pm
post #2 of 13

Wow! She was rude! Hopefully this is not your cousin's girlfriend?

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 6:38pm
post #3 of 13

My jaw is on the floor at this person(?)'s manners!!
Good for you and hubby for telling her to leave!
I've always wondered what to do when a guest swears in my home.
I don't talk that way and I don't want it in my house but what do you say/do?? I guess you just told me icon_smile.gif

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 6:46pm
post #4 of 13

Wow...what street corner did he pick her up off of? Kudos to you for tolerating it as long as you did. I wouldn't have....she'd been out on her butt long before she was!

Karema Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karema Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 11:49pm
post #5 of 13

She is not his girlfriend and he met her at church. She is in the youth group that he runs. He is her daughters God father also. But he inisted that she is not his girlfriend and will never be. lol

SugarFrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarFrosted Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 12:09am
post #6 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karema

She is not his girlfriend and he met her at church. She is in the youth group that he runs. He is her daughters God father also. But he inisted that she is not his girlfriend and will never be. lol

Wow! Met her at church! hahahahaha

This just illustrates the old saying "Church is a hospital for sinners and not a museum for saints."

Good manners seem to not be in vogue anymore. Shameful behavior!

Forget about her, she's not worth the energy to even think about.

maryjsgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maryjsgirl Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 12:46am
post #7 of 13

Two Thanksgivings ago my BIL (husband's brother) brought one of his flavors of the week over. Of course he came AFTER dinner to eat, which I am actually use to and thankful for, because he can be loud and annoying, lol. Well he brings this chick over and they both eat. She doesn't even acknowledge my existence. Then they get on my computer to burn a CD. She starts playing music on my computer loudly that my kids are not allowed to hear. I give my husband "the look" to handle it.

So after eating my food and using my computer (which I HATE letting people use) they get ready to leave.

No thanks. No goodbye. No kiss my butt...nothing.

I always have the family over Christmas Eve for a huge breakfast and I told him he could not bring her. He did end up bringing her to my MIL's house for Christmas and she did my MIL the same way so she was banned from there too. And my MIL even bought gifts for her son so he wouldn't be left out.

And of course guess out of all the polite and nice girls he has been with who does he keep around the longest? icon_rolleyes.gif

EyeCandy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EyeCandy Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 1:43pm
post #8 of 13

Talk about no manners, that is terrible.... sorry you had to put up with that, you have a lot more patience than I do!

cakes22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes22 Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 4:16pm
post #9 of 13

Wow! That is rude x 100. What is with the youth these days? No respect for anything, think the world owes them everything & can't put down the damn cellphone for a freakin'evening!

My SIL (hubby's sister) is the worst for holidays. Some examples:

1) My daughters first Easter, we go to DH's Grandma's house for brunch. SIL is carrying my daughter down the stairs and slips down the last two steps. No biggy, my DD didn't go flying or anything, didn't even cry. My DH's grandpa is at the table waiting for dinner & hears everyone asking SIL if she is alright. SIL goes and sits down beside Grandpa and he goes "Took a tumble, did ya?" Her response: "F**K off". OMG! Needless to say, she realised what she said, who she said it too and took off before dinner was served.

2) SIL (same one) comes to our house for Christmas cause we have the kids and she is single (wonder why!!) anyway, Christmas is hard for my DH & SIL cause their mom passed away on Dec.28th 20 years ago. I get that, understand that, sympathize & empathise with them. Well, we have 2 kids to buy for plus extended family & each other. She makes a gazillions $ thru FIL's company and has no one to spend it on other than herself & my kids. So we don't normally buy her that much cause she has everything. Well she opened the 3 gifts that MY KIDS picked out for her, pulled a major hissy fit & asked for the reciepts cause "none of this " was going to fit!! She did this right in front of my kids which broke their hearts, cause they put some thought & effort into the gifts. I told my DH's that that was it, NO MORE occassions were going to be ruined by his 40year old brat of a sister.

Ohhhh I could go on, she ruined my daughter's christening, several birthdays and special events cause she can put anyone a head of her own spoiled self..........

I can feel my blood pressure going up up up!!!

cakedoll Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedoll Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 12:48am
post #10 of 13

I was lucky over Christmas and Easter but got it last Thanksgiving. My ex and his mother ( the anti-christ disguised as an 80 year old lady) kept asking the kids if they were invited and to keep the peace I told my daughter to go ahead and let 'em come. This woman's rude antics and mouth have become the source of legends in the family.

I really didn't want them there, but oh well....

She brought an empty box with her. I didn't think anything of it until dinner was over and I was putting stuff away.

As fast as I was cutting turkey and ham, she was wrapping it up and putting it in the box. When I got to the cake, she started wrapping up all the individual pieces and into the box they went.

Now we had a lot of people there, and I cooked a lot extra so everyone could have some leftovers for the next day if they wanted them.

I finally asked her what she was doing. (yeah, I knew I was opening up a can of worms)

Her: I'm taking this home...we're not rich like you...

Me (seeing red already): This is supposed to be for everybody, you know. (I suppressed the urge to make a snarky comment about her son not working...forever)

Her: (packing up cake): Well, you sure don't need it...your a$$ is as big as a house. ( I'm 5'9 and weigh 150...a little chunky but not too bad). I remember when you were thin...

Me: Yeah, I remember when I was thin too. But you know what? No matter how big my butt gets, it'll never be as big as your mouth.

I walked out of my own house to avoid getting louder and my daughter proceeded to empty the box and portion food out for everyone. That started another stink with her.

Needless to say, that was the last time she will ever set foot in my house. She caused a big too doo at my son's at Christmas but that's another chapter and I ended up with her for a month after Hurricane Charlie cause no one else would take her. That's another 3 chapters. icon_lol.gif

adonisthegreek1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adonisthegreek1 Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 1:26am
post #11 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakedoll

...Me: Yeah, I remember when I was thin too. But you know what? No matter how big my butt gets, it'll never be as big as your mouth....

I love your comment.

I've never had rude house guests unless you include my BIL who sits in a corner with his laptop, no matter what the occasion. He thinks he's a cut above and can't socialize with anyone outside of his church. We all ignore him and have a good time together.

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 1:39am
post #12 of 13

Well it's a relief to know that all of us have one or more "rude" family members! icon_biggrin.gif

cakedoll..........All I can say is God Bless You for allowing that woman in your home! You're a great person to put up with her. Wow! icon_wink.gif

mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 1:58am
post #13 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by adonisthegreek1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakedoll

...Me: Yeah, I remember when I was thin too. But you know what? No matter how big my butt gets, it'll never be as big as your mouth....

I love your comment.

I love it too.

My rude guests don't come close to Karema's.

My in-laws showed up late when I had told them exactly what time I would be serving. What really got me is they were late because they were eating at my husband's aunt's house when they had said they were going to eat with us so they only ate a token amont at my house and I cooked alot because they aren't what you could call light eaters. It doesn't help that I have an issue about being prompt, it drives me nuts when people are late.

I wasn't the only one they were rude to that day, if anything they were ruder to the aunt so I know it isn't just me. She had announced that she wasn't doing a meal for the extended family and they planned their visit to her house for when they KNEW she was serving her meal that they weren't invited to. icon_eek.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%