Iso Cream Cheese Decorator Icing

Decorating By smc_paralegal Updated 16 Apr 2009 , 4:42pm by peanut13

smc_paralegal Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 4:11pm
post #1 of 7

I have been asked to do a banana flavored cake with cream cheese icing. I have made cream cheese icing to cover a carrot cake with but this one needs to have decorations on it and I don't think my recipe will work for the borders, flowers etc. Does anyone have a good recipe that they would be willing to share?

6 replies
patty5 Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 5:24pm
post #2 of 7

I made some buttercream cheese icing last saturday and it was a little too stiff for covering my cake so I thought this could be good for decorations so here it is: 1 c butter, 1 bar of cream cheese, 2 LBS of PS, flavor of your preference, and 1/4 c of powder cream dissolved in 1/4 c of hot water then add as needed.

peanut13 Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 3:46pm
post #3 of 7

Just a question,
What does LBS of PS stand for, also where do get the powerded cream from?

jymorgan Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 3:58pm
post #4 of 7

Its 2 pounds (lbs.) of Powdered Sugar (PS).

I'd like to know about the powdered cream as well. Does that mean something like a coffee creamer or powdered milk?

lillielu Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 4:34pm
post #5 of 7

Yes the ps is for powder sugar and the powder cream is coffee creamer.

ddaigle Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 4:40pm
post #6 of 7

I used the crusting cream cheese icing recipe here on CC. By using 2lbs. of cream cheese, it was about as stiff as my BC icing. I was able to pipe and make roses.

peanut13 Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 4:42pm
post #7 of 7

Thank you so much for clearing that up. Can't wait to try this too. Could you use milk or cream instead of water?

Quote by @%username% on %date%