Have You Seen This Cake?

Decorating By T-Bird Updated 15 Apr 2009 , 10:15pm by T-Bird

T-Bird Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
T-Bird Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 1:48pm
post #1 of 9

A bride brought in this picture to me for her cake, and the quality isn't that great, I can't make out the detail on the flowers, not definitely anyway. She said she googled cakes and found this pic, but I've been through over 500 pages of pics with no luck. I'm hoping maybe one of you recognizes it as your own or maybe knows where I can find it. I know I should just call her, but didn't want to bother her over the holiday weekend, and also thinking I could find it easily enough. Any help you great people could give would be greatly appreciated!
LL

8 replies
chipolata Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chipolata Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 9:48pm
post #2 of 9

Hi, I found it

http://astrology.yahoo.com/channel/food/12-great-wedding-cakes-352554/

doesn't give much more detail though, hope it helps.

Crissy_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crissy_Cakes Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 4:32pm
post #4 of 9

It looks like all those cakes in that article were done by Cake Girls....maybe their website has a bigger picture?

chipolata Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 4:35pm
post #5 of 9

I already check, it's not on there.

Crissy_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crissy_Cakes Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 4:46pm
post #6 of 9

Darn....well if I find a bigger picture I'll let you know.

noosie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
noosie Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 4:49pm
post #7 of 9

I saved the image and zoomed in. The leaves look to have a thin diamond crisscross pattern while the petals on the flowers have to zigzag lines imprinted. Hope that helps!
LL

noosie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
noosie Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 4:54pm
post #8 of 9

On second look some of the flowers also have a thin diamond pattern imprint and I think the zigzag pattern on the other flower petals are crimped....

T-Bird Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
T-Bird Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 10:15pm
post #9 of 9

Wow, Thank you all so much! My notifications aren't working, so I didn't know anybody had replied (the last time I checked nobody had) It is indeed by Cake Girls in Chicago. Believe it or not by dad looked for all of 30 seconds and found the darn thing with a link to whose it is! It's amazing what a fresh set of eyes can find!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%