Flavor Ideas For A Christmas Wedding Cake?

Decorating By JasmineRose Updated 14 Apr 2009 , 4:07pm by cas17

JasmineRose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JasmineRose Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 11:04am
post #1 of 9

A friend is getting married at Christmastime and she is debating on cake flavors. They are planning to have at least 4 tiers and have no intentions of freezing the top tier. She was wondering what would be the top 4 most appropriate/appealing.

Any other feedback would be great as well.

8 replies
foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 12:06pm
post #2 of 9

I like the idea of the peppermint bc, but think that pairs better with chocolate cake. Peppermint cake and bc is just too much for my tastes... So I vote Red Velvet with peppermint bc... YUM.
Also, I think pumpkin is always a good choice in the winter icon_smile.gif

MikeRowesHunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MikeRowesHunny Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 12:16pm
post #3 of 9

I know it's a winter wedding, but anything autumnal would suit too - spice cake with caramel, apple cake with caramel, those kind of things. I also think a dark chocolate cake & peppermint IMBC would be a lovely combination. Red velvet of course for the colour, that would go nicely with a spiced buttercream.

pastryjen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastryjen Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 12:34pm
post #4 of 9

I love the idea of peppermint but I'm not sure it would be a great idea. You don't want the peppermint flavour to seep into the other cakes giving you peppermint pumpkin spice, peppermint cranberry orange, peppermint chai and then my fav...peppermint strawberry daiquiri.

jguilbeau Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jguilbeau Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 1:10pm
post #5 of 9

I did a Christmas Wedding cake 2 years ago and here are few of the couples favorite flavors.
Chocolate Eggnog Cake w/Eggnog Buttercream Frosting (here is a link for the recipe: http://www.cakemixdoctor.com/recipes/what_kind/cakes/chocolate_eggnog_cake.php

Red Velvet Cake/ Cream cheese filling w/ Peppermint Creamcheese Buttercream filling

clovely Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
clovely Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 1:11pm
post #6 of 9

You've got to have red velvet at Christmas! And I'm not crazy about the idea of tweaking red velvet (peppermint with it). That's got to be the biggest layer for sure. Something with peppermint or cranberry would be good too, for the smaller layers.

something_sweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
something_sweet Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 1:18pm
post #7 of 9

How about a spice cake or gingerbread cake?

kimbers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimbers Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 1:19pm
post #8 of 9

I love the eggnog idea!

cas17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cas17 Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 4:07pm
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovibabe

I know it's a winter wedding, but anything autumnal would suit too - spice cake with caramel, apple cake with caramel, those kind of things. I also think a dark chocolate cake & peppermint IMBC would be a lovely combination. Red velvet of course for the colour, that would go nicely with a spiced buttercream.

i second these ideas! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%