Using Fonts......

Decorating By cupcakesnbuttercream Updated 13 Apr 2009 , 5:42am by cupcakesnbuttercream

cupcakesnbuttercream Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 2:54am
post #1 of 9

After finding a font that you like, what is the next step? How do you use it/transfer it onto your cake???

8 replies
PinkZiab Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 3:03am
post #2 of 9

Any number of ways. Print it out and use a pin to prick the outline and transfer it, make a stencil out of it and spread RI through, make templates and cut the letters out of fondant... these are the simplest methods, I think.

nefcook21 Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 3:30am
post #3 of 9

I print them out in reverse, then take white icing writers and out line them very thin, lay on the cake and rub gently then carefully lift the paper then go over with your icing.

HTH.

cupcakesnbuttercream Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 4:09am
post #4 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkZiab

Any number of ways. Print it out and use a pin to prick the outline and transfer it, make a stencil out of it and spread RI through, make templates and cut the letters out of fondant... these are the simplest methods, I think.




How should i go about making a template or stencil?

cupcakesnbuttercream Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 4:10am
post #5 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by nefcook21

I print them out in reverse, then take white icing writers and out line them very thin, lay on the cake and rub gently then carefully lift the paper then go over with your icing.

HTH.




How do you print in reverse??? I have a Brother printer.

__Jamie__ Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 4:31am
post #6 of 9

If you are a serious stickler for perfection and want whatever you are writing, at least if it is pretty small or a monogram to be exactly perfect and you can't pipe worth a dang..you can try my method. icon_smile.gif

See the monogram pic in my photos, instructions are in the comments.

cupcakesnbuttercream Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 4:59am
post #7 of 9

Wow! what a great technique!!! It's perfect for the times i have a detailed font i want, Thanks so much for sharing!!!!

nefcook21 Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 5:18am
post #8 of 9

cupcakes-after you click print there should be an option for you to print in reverse or mirror image.

cupcakesnbuttercream Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 5:42am
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by nefcook21

cupcakes-after you click print there should be an option for you to print in reverse or mirror image.




Thanks a bunch!!! It was under mirror image.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%