Wasc..too Much Salt...help

Decorating By pipe-dreams Updated 13 Apr 2009 , 2:14am by step0nmi

pipe-dreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pipe-dreams Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 12:28am
post #1 of 7

I'm making my first practice wasc(white, not choc). So I add a "generous dash of salt"
Apparently I was too generous...The batter tastes good, but has a salty aftertaste, like salt crunchin in your teeth or something. Can I salvage the batter, or do I have to throw it out??

6 replies
step0nmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
step0nmi Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 12:38am
post #2 of 7

hmmm...it sounds like you need to mix your cake batter a little more. I never put salt in my wasc...but that's just me. I'm thinking you could add a tablespoon more of sugar and it might take away that salty aftertaste as well.

good luck!

pipe-dreams Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 12:40am
post #3 of 7

You never add the salt to it? Dang..I read kakeladi sometimes forgets to add it, and thought about forgoing it. but since it's my first time making it, I figured I'd do it by the book, so to speak. Thanks, I'll try mixing more, and some sugar if that doesn't work!!

tarheelgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tarheelgirl Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 12:43am
post #4 of 7

I forgot to add salt to mine one time and came to CC to ask questions. I have found that many don't even add the salt to theirs. I stopped adding it all together and have not noticed a difference at all!

step0nmi Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 12:43am
post #5 of 7

I think the salt is just to tone down the flavors in the cake...I dunno...I don't swear by salt so... icon_lol.gif

I hope it works icon_biggrin.gif

pipe-dreams Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 1:12am
post #6 of 7

Thank you SO much! I just mixed it a LOT, and the salty taste went away.
Next time...no salt for me!

Happy Easter..and thanks again!

step0nmi Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 2:14am
post #7 of 7

Yay! glad to hear! It's funny...all box mixes say "mix 30 secs. then scrape the bowl and then mix for another 2 mins" you have to really do that sometimes to get all your ingredients combined properly icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%