Wasc..too Much Salt...help

Decorating By pipe-dreams Updated 13 Apr 2009 , 2:14am by step0nmi

pipe-dreams Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 12:28am
post #1 of 7

I'm making my first practice wasc(white, not choc). So I add a "generous dash of salt"
Apparently I was too generous...The batter tastes good, but has a salty aftertaste, like salt crunchin in your teeth or something. Can I salvage the batter, or do I have to throw it out??

6 replies
step0nmi Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 12:38am
post #2 of 7

hmmm...it sounds like you need to mix your cake batter a little more. I never put salt in my wasc...but that's just me. I'm thinking you could add a tablespoon more of sugar and it might take away that salty aftertaste as well.

good luck!

pipe-dreams Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 12:40am
post #3 of 7

You never add the salt to it? Dang..I read kakeladi sometimes forgets to add it, and thought about forgoing it. but since it's my first time making it, I figured I'd do it by the book, so to speak. Thanks, I'll try mixing more, and some sugar if that doesn't work!!

tarheelgirl Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 12:43am
post #4 of 7

I forgot to add salt to mine one time and came to CC to ask questions. I have found that many don't even add the salt to theirs. I stopped adding it all together and have not noticed a difference at all!

step0nmi Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 12:43am
post #5 of 7

I think the salt is just to tone down the flavors in the cake...I dunno...I don't swear by salt so... icon_lol.gif

I hope it works icon_biggrin.gif

pipe-dreams Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 1:12am
post #6 of 7

Thank you SO much! I just mixed it a LOT, and the salty taste went away.
Next time...no salt for me!

Happy Easter..and thanks again!

step0nmi Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 2:14am
post #7 of 7

Yay! glad to hear! It's funny...all box mixes say "mix 30 secs. then scrape the bowl and then mix for another 2 mins" you have to really do that sometimes to get all your ingredients combined properly icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%