Boxes For Doll Cakes?

Decorating By SliceTheCake Updated 20 Apr 2009 , 8:30pm by Adria_NyxxTX

SliceTheCake Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 10:16pm
post #1 of 5

Where can I find a box that will fit the doll cakes? I usually make mine with an 8" round and then the Wilton Wonder Mold cake on top of that, plus the torso/head of a barbie doll. I've had no luck finding a box tall enough to accommodate the cake with the doll in it, although I'm sure they must be out there. Thanks for any help!

4 replies
SliceTheCake Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 11:34pm
post #2 of 5

Anyone? icon_confused.gif

bobwonderbuns Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 11:42pm
post #3 of 5

I make my boxes for the doll cakes. Get two 12 x 6 boxes and cut the tops off. Assemble the bottoms and use the bottom of the second box for the box lid. this will give you a box that is 12 x 12 which should comfortably fit over the doll. IF this isn't tall enough, take the remaining box lids and cut into strips. Fold the strips in half lengthwise. Make four of these (these are your columns.) Staple one column into each corner about halfway down. Now take the box bottom of the second box and put it over the columns like a lid and these columns will raise up the box lid to accommodate your doll. Does that make sense?

Monkess Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 8:08pm
post #4 of 5

My doll cakes are not using the wondermould and instead done by stacking 8" cakes and consequently are quite high. I buy a box at the UPS store and tape it up and cut out one side to slide in the cake. It looks very professional and it is sturdy. If you do alot of these you could buy the boxes cheaper at a storage or moving company. Good luck!

Adria_NyxxTX Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 8:30pm
post #5 of 5

At the bakery we just use the boxes we get stuff shipped to us in. We get a tall one close to the diameter we need, cut down the corners to create a 'drawbridge' type flap, put a sticky-side-out circle of duct tape in the center, put the doll cake on that so it doesn't slide around and then close the 'door' and tape it shut, leaving the tippy top flaps open so the customers can have a lookie.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%