I'm So Excited, I Had A Stranger Compliment Me On A Cake

Decorating By patticake1951 Updated 16 Apr 2009 , 6:21pm by diane

patticake1951 Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 2:40pm
post #1 of 8

Yesterday we had my dgs's birthday party at a park and they had an Easter egg hunt going on. This lady walked over to our pavilion where we had everything set up and saw my bunny house's that I was giving to my kids for Easter, [since I wasn't going to be able to be with them today}and asked me who did I get to do them. When I told her that I made them, she said "wow!! do you have a card?" Of course I had to tell her that I just did it for a hobby. Maybe one of these days!! icon_smile.gif Here is one of them. My kids loved them.

7 replies
bettinashoe Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 2:52pm
post #2 of 8

When a stranger compliments you, that's when you know you've made it. The cake is really cute. I can see why it drew unsolicited comments.

patticake1951 Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 2:58pm
post #3 of 8

Thanks, I really do appreciate any compliments I get, I just love doing this. Maybe one of these days I can do it full time. I know I have a long way to go to as good as most of the decorators on here. I do have a wedding cake to do for my dd's friend in May, so I have been watching and reading all I can on here.

moxey2000 Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 2:58pm
post #4 of 8

You deserve the compliment, your huts are adorable. Congrats and Happy Easter.

patticake1951 Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 12:51am
post #5 of 8

Thanks, moxey.When I took this one, I also had my gs b-day cake which is the Star Wars cake in my photos. These got more attention than the main one did.LOL

OfficerMorgan Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 3:37am
post #6 of 8

Your cake is adorable! Compliments always make you feel warm and fuzzy inside. Congratulations on the kind words you received.

kcw551 Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 4:29am
post #7 of 8

What a clever idea for cakes. It is always so nice to get compliments and especially from strangers...you know that they really do like it and aren't just being nice. They are really cute.

diane Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 6:21pm
post #8 of 8

beautiful cake! i can see why she commented on it! your cakes are beautiful!

Quote by @%username% on %date%